PDA

View Full Version : EXT 3.1 library compaitability with IE8

sirifgagan
24 Feb 2011, 3:07 AM
Hello,

My Application is using EXTJS 3.1 and the entire UI is designed over the ExtJS layer. The rendering of veiw objects are driven by our framework layer which takes care of requestingthe necessary meta information from the server before rendering view objects on the user screen. All of this work fine with IE6, IE7 and FF3.x. The problem has came with IE8, when I tried to launch the application on IE8, it gave me an "Invalid Character" error. After using the ext-debug file, I found that the error is comming in the Ext.Element's setWidth function. For some reason, width for few objects are coming as NAN in IE8. To fix this issue I have written the following code snippet:

Ext.override(Ext.Element, {
setWidth : function(width, animate){
width= isNaN(width)?"auto":width;
var me = this;
width = me.adjustWidth(width);
!animate || !me.anim ?
me.dom.style.width = me.addUnits(width) :
me.anim({width : {to : width}}, me.preanim(arguments, 1));
return me;
}

});

Here,
width= isNaN(width)?"auto":width; is the only additional statement.

This has solved the issue, but needed some expert advice on validating and verifying the fix. Kindly let me know in case you need more information from my side. Thanks.

tryanDLS
24 Feb 2011, 9:27 AM
Have you tried testing your app with the latest 3.x code to see if the problem is fixed? Also try scanning the changelogs for releases subsequent to 3.1 to see if the issue is mentioned.

sirifgagan
24 Feb 2011, 9:32 PM
I tried Ext 3.2 and encountered the same issue. On top of that, to move to a higher version would require a complete cycle of Impact Analysis, etc. which would be not be a quick solution. I will also try looking at the change logs to see if I find anything similar. Thanks.