PDA

View Full Version : iPhone music streaming app built with Sencha Touch (feedback requested!)

jamjockey
3 Mar 2011, 2:38 PM
Hey,

I just finished building an iPhone webapp using Sencha Touch. The JamJockey app (www.jamjockey.com) allows users to search for any song and stream it right from the Safari web browser. Along with instant streaming, the app also incorporates album coverart for a nice look, and has a functioning playlist and favorites list so it's actually useful!

Thanks to HTML 5, the audio playback is fully integrated with the iPhone's native controls, so background audio and headphone controls work like a native app!

Sencha touch was amazing to work with, this app came out better than I had dreamed. It runs so smoothly, you'll quickly forget you're in a web browser. (Of course, there are still bugs here and there.)

Give it a try and let me know what you think! Just visit www.jamjockey.com on your iPhone.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, either on this forum or email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

jamjockey
3 Mar 2011, 8:09 PM
Sorry, search was down for a few hours. Just got it working again.

aeiz
4 Mar 2011, 1:03 PM
Looks and works great, man!

SimonFlack
8 Mar 2011, 6:45 AM
Works well.

bams
6 Jun 2011, 3:14 AM
I get connection error when go to detail on search result. is it still on development progess?

jayrobinson
15 Sep 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi jamjockey,

Looks like your app was replaced with a landing page. Any idea when you're going to be available on Apple's App Store? Any plans for Android and BlackBerry?

Would love to see the web app link if you still have it!

Thanks,
Jay