PDA

View Full Version : Firefox "add a keyword for this search" not present

BlueCamel
9 Mar 2011, 11:38 AM
I've noticed with ExtJS apps that the Firefox feature "Add a keyword for this search..." option is not available when right clicking on an Ext Textfield.

Does anyone know what triggers this within Firefox and how an Textfield can be created to enable it in the browser?

nagarajan.bose
10 Mar 2011, 9:40 PM
Looking for this feature after 3 years of your post... No answers till now?

fay
11 Mar 2011, 2:46 AM
I've noticed with ExtJS apps that the Firefox feature "Add a keyword for this search..." option is not available when right clicking on an Ext Textfield.

I don't know what version of Firefox you are using, but it certainly works for me with 3.6.15 (using Ext JS 3.3.1). (I just double-checked with the \form\dynamic.html example, and it definitely works.)

Looking for this feature after 3 years of your post...

I think you've confused the 'Join Date' (Feb 2008) with the date of the post - 2 days ago!

BlueCamel
11 Mar 2011, 4:50 AM
I don't know what version of Firefox you are using, but it certainly works for me with 3.6.15 (using Ext JS 3.3.1). (I just double-checked with the \form\dynamic.html example, and it definitely works.)

I discovered that example worked shortly after I posted. :) From the firefox code, it looks like it expects a type="text" element inside of a <form> node. My code which does not show the "add a keyword for this search" was not wrapped in a FormPanel so the <form> node wasn't present.

Making some changes soon to verify that this was the problem. Seems likely though.