PDA

View Full Version : Filtering a store, then clearing the filter does not return the store to original

d5chris
16 Mar 2011, 8:55 PM
Hi all,
I have a store which i set a filter on. I then clear the filter, but it does not return the store's number of items to the original length before the filter. Here's a snippet from the chrome console to see what i'm trying below. What have i done wrong? I would have thought upon clearing the filter i'd be back to my original 500 records in the store.

app.stores.vod.data.items.length
app.stores.vod.filter('type','SHOWS')
undefined
app.stores.vod.clearFilter()
undefined

Thanks

d5chris
16 Mar 2011, 9:19 PM
It looks like sencha is setting the 'snapshot' field on the store before i've completed adding all the records to it, so that when i filter and then clear the filter, it restores to the snapshot which was taken too early. I thought it only set the snapshot upon filtering? I'm not doing any filters beforehand. odd.

d5chris
16 Mar 2011, 9:31 PM
I'm doing multiple loads on this particular store, with 'addRecords' set to true so that it'll be a cumulative total of multiple ajax calls. It seems that somewhere while loading, it saves a 'snapshot' too early. But i can't figure out why, because looking in the sencha code it only saves snapshots upon filtering, which i'm not doing at that point yet...

SimonFlack
17 Mar 2011, 4:44 AM
I posted a bug report on this a while ago. Feel free to update it.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?120884-OPEN-719-(1.0.1a)-Store.snapshot-contains-corrupt-data.&highlight=corrupt

Oyvin posted a temp fix.

someStore.on('load', function (store) {
store.snapshot = store.data;
});

d5chris
17 Mar 2011, 1:19 PM
Thanks simon, i'll use that fix.

Sh1n1
17 Mar 2011, 11:25 PM
What if you try to set filterOnLoad: false?