PDA

View Full Version : Making Sencha Touch apps offline

KPChow
18 Mar 2011, 1:36 AM
Hey guys,

I want to ask if anyone else have this problem... I've been reading Sencha's article about making your app available offline - Tutorial:Taking Sencha Touch Apps Offline (http://www.sencha.com/learn/Tutorial:Taking_Sencha_Touch_Apps_Offline?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonu6XLZKXonjHpfsX56OslUKC0lMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4DTdQhcOuuEwcWGog80wlWGeiU) and couldn't get their demo app working on my server.

At the moment, I believe it's to do with the hardware - it doesn't work on my iPhone 3G but does for my friend's iPod Touch.

Can anyone else help clarify this issue?

Thanks

tuongaz
18 Apr 2011, 4:37 PM
Got the same issue. It worked on the iOS simulator but not on the real phone. Do we need to put the index.html into the app.manifest as well?

johnstontrav
20 Apr 2011, 9:37 PM
same issue. can anyone help?

Gee79
16 May 2011, 4:13 AM
Yes, you need to add index.html to the app.manifest. I also put the images on the same server.
It works fine...but it doesn't work anymore if I set the app in the startscreen and I boot it from there... any suggestion?8-|

aicom
10 Jun 2011, 1:47 AM
I've put index.html in the manifest file but it's still not working. The code of the app.js seems a little stange because I can't see an Ext.onready anywhere. I'm a newbie coding Touch apps and maybe this is the right way, but I'm not finding much documentation related and I'm feeling a bit lost.

If someone knows how to make it work, please help so I need to make an app work offline. TIA,

Lola