PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 9 ExtJS 3

janssen
31 Mar 2011, 4:26 AM
I'm searching (and a lot of other people) for an answer to the question:
When will we see an update of ExtJS 3 so ExtJS will support Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)?

I can be wrong... but I couldn't find an answer.

Because of this the ExtJS overview isn't correct ;)
http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/

slashn10
31 Mar 2011, 1:07 PM
I am amazed how concerns about IE9 support have been consistently ignored in the forums. Before the 14th March release of IE9, I found a few posts from the ExtJS team members saying not much could be done till the RTM release, allegedly cause IE9 was going to surprise us with something come March 15 which was radically different from the developer preview that was out almost a year and a Release Candidate that was out at least a month before.

Now even that excuse doesnt remain, so could someone at least give some clarity on when we can expect this support to arrive(if it ever will). If it is turning out to be too difficult churning this out, would appreciate if you told us that this is so, and we can brace ourselves to wait/move to extjs 4 which may/may not support IE9.

Bottom line, some transparency guys!! And this is an important issue. I have sold extjs to management for our new project and now cant expect them to go live NOT supporting the latest and the best browser that has come from the MS stables(like them or not they are a reality)

janssen
1 Apr 2011, 12:42 AM
Exactly, if I need to wait 2 months for the update it would not be a big problem.. temp fix:
if(isIE && check(/msie 9/)) {
isIE6 = isIE = false;
isChrome = true;
}

I'm probably going to move to ExtJS 4.0, but till that time arrives (probably lots of rework to make use of the features of 4.0) I would like to know what I can tell customers. (at least an indication)