PDA

View Full Version : CSS3 + ExtJS Navigation Menus?

cchain
4 Apr 2011, 11:14 AM
There seems to be quite a lot of plugins for generating navigational menus with CSS/CSS3 and jQuery, but pretty much nothing for ExtJS...

I need to replace my current horizontal menu system with something better, and I'd like to do it with ExtJS, but I don't think that using the menu or toolbar components would make sense. I'm currently using a multi-level dropdown horizontal nav, generated using cfmenu. It builds the menu using YUI and CSS, but it's bulky as heck and generates very sloppy code (thanks Adobe).

Has anyone built a UX or an example of navigation with CSS3 and ExtJS that could be used to build what I need? I tried "son of suckerfish" menus but had issues with IE8 (thanks Microsoft).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

aw1zard2
4 Apr 2011, 11:31 AM
I am currently developing a horizontal menu with a column layout of child menu items.
I can't give away any code examples but might be able to point you in the correct direction. I am also doing this without css3 and mine is working for ie6,ie7,ie8, & ie9, chrome, firefox, safari, and opera.
It's also using Ext JS 3.1.1. Trust me it was kind of a pain but wasn't too bad took me about 3 days to get it working correctly.

I will try and find the forum links I used to get myself into the right direction.