PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [ExtJS 4.0B3] Vertical Scroll Becomes Useless in Grid Panel (w/ video)

mrapczynski
21 Apr 2011, 1:38 PM
Hi Sencha,

I'd like to report a bug that has reproduced itself pretty much every single working day since I started building a new application with ExtJS 4. I've noticed that the Ext.grid.Panel class has a very elegant smooth vertical scroll feature, but from time to time at random it becomes "detached" from the grid and no longer responds to input from the mouse wheel, or clicking and dragging the scroll handle on the right side.

I'll be honest, I do not know how it is happening, and after lots of messing around with my interface I cannot come up with a clear repeatable path that you could try yourselves.

I took a high-res video of the behavior and posted on an Amazon S3 account. It was made with the latest Quicktime. Please review the findings, and comment. I hope this helps for the next beta release of ExtJS 4.

Video: http://fhda.s3.amazonaws.com/ExtJS%204B3%20-%20Grid%20Panel%20Scrolling%20Bug.mov

Cheers,

Matt

jsakalos
21 Apr 2011, 6:11 PM
Do you want me to move this thread to Bugs?

mrapczynski
21 Apr 2011, 9:13 PM
Haha that's too logical for me. Kidding...

Sure that would be quite helpful. I'm new to the benefits of licensed Ext, and so I wasn't sure if I start in the premium area, or head in the general bug forum.

Thanks Saki!

jsakalos
22 Apr 2011, 12:27 AM
You see, I could go to sources to find out but even if I did only the devel team can fix it and release the next Ext version with the fix included.

OK, moving this thread to Bugs.

aconran
22 Apr 2011, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the bug report Matt. This was a difficult one to track down that we fixed after B3.

The grid scrollers are re-used as they are removed/added from the Tree's/Grid's. They become orphaned elements when they aren't in use. They are in the dom but not attached to the document body. We have a periodic garbage collection system that runs every 30 seconds. If the scroller was currently orphaned when the garbage collection ran it would purge the event listeners the scroller needs to function.

mrapczynski
22 Apr 2011, 1:34 PM
Thanks for the bug report Matt. This was a difficult one to track down that we fixed after B3.

The grid scrollers are re-used as they are removed/added from the Tree's/Grid's. They become orphaned elements when they aren't in use. They are in the dom but not attached to the document body. We have a periodic garbage collection system that runs every 30 seconds. If the scroller was currently orphaned when the garbage collection ran it would purge the event listeners the scroller needs to function.

Aaron, thanks very much for the explanation. That sounds exactly right. It actually did seem that this behavior was tied to some kind of a timer as it would seem to happen after the application sat open in the browser window some time.

Looking forward to the next iteration of ExtJS 4.

Cheers,

Matt

paubach
6 Oct 2011, 4:08 AM
I have a grouptabpanel with many grids on the tabs. If I group (collapsed) and then expand some of the groups, the vertical scrollbar stops working, as described.

I've tried with 4.0.2a and 4.0.4 with same results. Have you found any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Pau

completej
9 Dec 2011, 11:06 AM
Currently using 4.0.7 and this behavior still exists.

I have a store loading JSON data externally. Populates a grid panel with a paging bar that is functional. I am able to duplicate with the following actions:

Page towards the end of my results, one page at a time (in this example, 6 total pages).
Each time, test scroll - works.
Page to end of the data - page 6.
6th page does not contain a full "set" of data; that is, it has 10 out of the possible 25 records per page.
Scroll bar obviously no longer visible.
Page back to page 5, scroll bar is now visible, and scroll is now "detached."

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, sorry. Just coming back to Ext after almost a year off.

chinaulj
7 Jun 2012, 1:31 PM
This solution seems to be working for me with 4.0.2a

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?137993-4.0.2-only-layout-fit-grid-scrollbar-when-used-does-not-scroll-content&p=643076&viewfull=1#post643076