PDA

View Full Version : Problem and issue using ASP.net 3.5 Script manager and EXTJS

adeelahmad85
26 Apr 2011, 10:13 AM
All,

I am using the EXT.. Formpanel in my ASPXpage...

The EXTJS control works fine when I am not using the ScriptManager in my ASPX page.. but when I put the SCRIPT Manager in my ASPX web form.... the browser gives me the error"Error: Sys.ArgumentException: The format string is invalid.
Parameter name: format
"

I tried my best to get resolved this error... but I fail..

Please help me... I can provide the things if anyboody of you need it.

Thanks.

tryanDLS
26 Apr 2011, 1:16 PM
Do you really need ScriptManager? If you're using only Ext controls and no ASP.Net controls, you really don't want the overhead of what ScriptManager is including. That being said, you're probably going to have to post the output of your page so people can see what's being included, stripped down to as few elements as possible.

adeelahmad85
27 Apr 2011, 2:06 AM
Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, I really need the Script Manager... I don't need to use the server controls... But as per my EXTjs Grid is using the Script Manager for getting the data using ASP.net Web Service... For that purpose, I used the Script Manager. That's why I need to use the Script Manager. I don't want to change the existing system just wanted to add the new EXTJS window with form panel that contains the HTML editor, TextFields, DateFields. Please see the screenshot for both exiting webform 25804 and new webform 25805 in which I have to embed the existing grids in my new webform.

Please tell me the any workaround for my case, so that I can use both EXTJS and Script Manager in my webform. If you have other idea about getting the array data from web services then please let me know.

tryanDLS
27 Apr 2011, 6:31 AM
From what you said, I still question your need for ScriptManager. If you're not bringing in any ASP.Net controls, you don't need anything SM provides. You can call your webservices natively from from Ext without using the wrappers that .Net generates and the bloated AJAX code in SM and the .Net Ajax ControlToolkit.