PDA

View Full Version : Berlin Vegan Guide for Android and iOS

smeir
12 May 2011, 9:42 AM
Hi!

Today we released a free app developed with sencha touch and phonegap. GPL Sourcecode will be available on github in the next days.

http://www.berlin-vegan.org/app/index_en.html

smeir

vscarpenter@gmail.com
16 May 2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Smeir and thanks. Nice looking app - look forward to seeing your code in Github. I'm curious to see how you've implemented some of the button on the bottom toolbar. Cheers.

--Vinny

nourapps
19 May 2011, 7:44 AM
It indeed looks very nice. Hope to see the source soon.

smeir
20 May 2011, 12:42 AM
Sourcecode ist available on github now. https://github.com/smeir/Berlin-Vegan-Guide

Build for phonegap is broken at the moment, but you can run the app in the chrome browser. After download just open frame.html in the browser.

Normaly it detects your language settings but if it doesn't work you can switch to english in the options panel.

nourapps
20 May 2011, 1:34 PM
Thanks allot!
Can we expect a fixed phonegap edition, if so I might better wait for that ;)
Allot of stuff could come in handy for the app im planning to make.
I do have another question do, I see that the restaurant/cafe description are stored in the Data files. But I also see link to somewhere.. Is the location description stored on a server or just locally?
How can I edit this?
Thanks!

smeir
22 May 2011, 2:02 AM
I will fix the phonegap stuff and write a short introduction how to setup to compile it for ios and android. Hopefully in the next days.

All data are local (besides the google maps) so tourist without internet access can use the app too. The data files are generates from files and databases (csv). Maybe I will upload some of these scripts too. But of course you can also use Sencha Touch Store with dynamic loading data from the server.

nourapps
22 May 2011, 3:15 AM
Thanks allot, that would be great!
Hope to hear from you soon!

Hanni Sullivan
30 May 2011, 4:10 AM
@smeir: Awesome. Being a vegan myself, it will come in handy next time I stay in Berlin.

And thanks for publishing the source code. I took a look at it and wondered why there are no controllers in your app. Could you please enlighten us about your architectural decisions?

smeir
31 May 2011, 10:35 AM
Yes, unfortunately I mixed the views and controllers. But when I have some time I will refactor it und use controllers. At the moment I'm behind my personal time schedule. :-(

Hanni Sullivan
31 May 2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks for your quick answer. Interestingly enough, I have yet so to see a bigger Sencha Touch Apps which makes use of controllers. I've looked at several ones and everybody seems to mix view and controller logic.

nourapps
17 Jun 2011, 7:32 AM
Don't want to ask to much of your time, but have you gotton to fixing the phonegap yet? :)