PDA

View Full Version : Salesforce.com integration: Using EnhancedList component on a page with an ExtJS grid

spuish
13 May 2011, 11:18 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to use an ExtJS grid component on a VisualForce page on Salesforce.com. In general this works, however, when the page also has an EnhancedList component on it, the grid just doesn't display - no errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Sarah

gtomar
14 May 2011, 10:40 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to use an ExtJS grid component on a VisualForce page on Salesforce.com. In general this works, however, when the page also has an EnhancedList component on it, the grid just doesn't display - no errors.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Sarah

In order to populate grid are you using data in XML format?

spuish
15 May 2011, 5:31 AM
I'm creating a basic ArrayStore using repeat tags in my javascript.

NisseKnudsenSystecs
20 May 2011, 2:28 AM
Just a hint from me:

I had the same with my components, but one day it didn't work anymore, everything stayed blank.

What changed?: I activated Chatter.
The error: ext.onReady wasn't executed anymore.
The solution: using standard window.onLoad handler.

Why?: I don't know, doesn't matter if ExtJS3 or ExtJS4. As Salesforce uses ExtJS on their own, maybe there is a collision. To be more precise: If you look into the documentation (http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/pages_javascript_libraries.htm?SearchType=Stem&Highlight=Ext||js|JS) and scroll down to note, there is written, that you should avoid using ExtJS (3) on pages including Chatter and ENHANCEDLIST.

Hope this helps, just try it with window.onLoad.

Have a nice weekend,

Nisse