PDA

View Full Version : GridPanel - Posting a Value to the Proxy

djdevz
16 May 2011, 5:40 AM
Hi, I will try and explain my problem as best as possible, so here goes...

Inside my js file to create and config the grid, I have the following proxy:

var materialsProxy = new Ext.data.HttpProxy ({
api: {
// url in the Controller
read : 'grid/ajax'
}
});

This calls a method in my controller which is mapped to the URL 'grid/ajax', which returns the JSON needed to populate the grid.

All my grids work in a similar fashion, which is great. However, for this particular case, I generate the grid onSelect of a drop-down list, and not by using 'Ext.onReady'.

This means I have to pass the 'id' of the chosen option selected, in order to return the relevant grid.

Is this possible/Any help on achieving this?

Thanks in advance..

kembuco
16 May 2011, 2:07 PM
I'm not sure if this is the best/right way to do it, but I've done this before by setting a "baseParam" on the store before calling the store load function. So something like this:

store.setBaseParam("id", id);
store.load();

HTH

djdevz
17 May 2011, 2:44 AM
Thanks for your reply,
I've had a read around about setBaseParam and am not completely sure if it can be used for my problem, so if you could help me answer a couple of questions, that would be great.

How will I be able to access the parameter from my controller method (which the proxy calls) before loading the grid?

For instance, if I call:

store.setBaseParam("id", id);
store.load();

I have to be able to use the 'id' set to fetch its data from the database (which is then converted to JSON and returned).

An example controller method is below:

@RequestMapping( value = {
"grid/ajax"
}, method = RequestMethod.GET )
@ResponseBody
public Map<String, Object> viewGridSAPLinks( //
@PathVariable( "orgId" ) int orgId, //
@ModelAttribute( "clientSAPLinkCommand" ) ClientSAPLinkCommand clientSAPLinkCommand)
{

ClientSAPLinkCommandHelper.configureCommand(
clientSAPLinkCommand,
clientService.getClient(orgId));

Map<String, Object> modelMap = new ModelMap() ;
modelMap.put( "success", true ) ;
modelMap.put( "total", clientSAPLinkCommand.getSapLinkDTOs().size() ) ;
modelMap.put( "data", clientSAPLinkCommand.getSapLinkDTOs() ) ;

return modelMap ;
}

So I would need the 'id' value to be available in this method. Is this possible using setBaseParam? Or can you see an easier way?

Thanks for your help.

kembuco
17 May 2011, 6:00 AM
The baseParams are sent as url parameters. You should be able to access the id baseParam from your controller method with something like:

public Map<String, Object> viewGridSAPLinks(@RequestParam Long id){}

You can also set baseParams as an attribute on your store when it's created if you need to, so that the parameter will be sent whenever a request is sent.

djdevz
17 May 2011, 7:19 AM
This is exactly what I want, thanks!

I changed the RequestMethod in my controller to POST as to send the value across.

Yet another Ext Js problem solved, thanks again 'kembuco'.

kembuco
17 May 2011, 7:52 PM
No problem. Nice to see some other Spring MVC folks using ExtJS.