PDA

View Full Version : miReport released

mireport
20 May 2011, 9:20 AM
Hi guys...

wanna experience a real rocket-science Sencha app?

Well, checkout http://www.mireport.ch, we have a drop to the application there directly, you can use "demo" / "demo" credentials in order to access the application.

The basic idea behind the application? Provide reporting information to mobile devices in an easy and efficient way.

We are pretty sure this might turn into the Sencha rockte app for 2011, unfortunately we could not get in tocuh with the Sencha guys via contact form, so if there is a Sencha employee reading this post we kindly ask you to get in contact with us (Florian.Mueller@mireport.ch, CEO miReport).

Anyway, simply checkout http://www.mireport.ch, we adapted the landing page to the common known Sencha example look and feel in order to make you feeling comfortable with the page.

Enjoy, cheers - Florian!

Krielkip
30 May 2011, 1:32 AM
Nice..

Where is the data stored? json data from another url?
Could we see the source (on github)

kiteflo
30 May 2011, 1:57 AM
Hi Krielkip,

yes the approach is storing JSON to our database - in order to populate the database we have a Java mapper with Flex UI which enables users to kind of generate the JSON. If you like to, simply watch the screencast on our page ("Guided Tour") and you will get the Big Picture....

Client Source is available "as is" from the browser directly, the mapper currently is closed source as this is heart of the application.

Cheers, Florian...

Krielkip
30 May 2011, 3:53 AM
Ok thanks.

But i have got the problom that i have a Json file and want to show it in Sencha Touch. But it doesn't want to do this:
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?135175-JsonP-error-Reader.Read
That is why i wanted to know how the script takes the json information and parse it on the screen :)

Hanni Sullivan
31 May 2011, 1:53 AM
@mireport: The app looks and feels good. Very inspiring. I did a reporting RIA a year ago and our charts were nowhere near yours regarding functionality and look.

But when taking a look at the sourcecode of your app, I did notice that you don't use controllers, just views and models or at least I could not identify any controllers.
Could you please tell us what lead to this decision? I'm currently trying to wrap my head around the MVC pattern.

istetska
8 Aug 2011, 11:28 AM
@mireport: The app looks and feels good. Very inspiring. I did a reporting RIA a year ago and our charts were nowhere near yours regarding functionality and look.

But when taking a look at the sourcecode of your app, I did notice that you don't use controllers, just views and models or at least I could not identify any controllers.
Could you please tell us what lead to this decision? I'm currently trying to wrap my head around the MVC pattern.

Hanni where did you get the source code? is it shared somewhere? I would like to take a look for educational purposes as I'm learning Sencha Touch right now

I think the app looks awesome!