PDA

View Full Version : db field data for one field not showing in IE8/Safari, but does show in FF/Chrome

jwc
20 May 2011, 3:18 PM
Interesting problem, can anyone think of any obvious reasons why this would be?

I have a grid/column model/store set up that works beautifully in FF and chrome, but in Safari and IE8, one of the fields, a date field, is blank, while all the other fields in the grid work fine.

I haven't torn down my code to try to create a simple example to post yet, I was hoping that someone might have seen this before and would have a suggestion.

Thanks for any help!

Justice

jwc
22 May 2011, 9:49 PM
Troubleshooting a little more I found two things that were keeping the data from rendering in the fields in safari.

First, in the data store, I had to change the field type to "string" instead of "date"

secondly, in the column model, I had to remove "xtype: 'datecolumn'" because with it there the field just renders "NanNanNan...."

I haven't had time tonight to test again in IE8.

jwc
22 May 2011, 10:24 PM
Now the same date shows up 1 day different depending on which browser I use, safari displays the date correctly and FF does not.

I am sure this all has to do with how the date is stored, ie a time as well as the date?

This all makes me wonder if I should be storing my date as a timestamp instead of mysql date like "2011-12-15"