PDA

View Full Version : Docs Application Bugs and Feature Requests

nick_p
27 May 2011, 9:58 AM
This thread is for discussion of the API Documentation App itself rather than the content of the documentation. Please report any issues you have with the application itself or request any new features.

If you would like to report a bug for the content of the documentation, please see http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?135037-API-Documentation-Typos-and-Bugs

NB! This thread is closed now. Report your bugs to JSDuck thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?151739-JSDuck-the-tool-for-documenting-your-Ext-JS-apps) or directly to github bug tracker (https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues).

nick_p
1 Jun 2011, 2:50 PM
I have just pushed an update to http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0 with some fixes and enhancements:

Add a grey 'x' to clear the search box
Fix member name links (before they linked to #)
Improve search dropdown / auto select first result
Loading screen
Improvements to Ext.app.Controller docs

saprot
5 Jun 2011, 11:57 AM
tabs...

Nickname
6 Jun 2011, 2:53 AM
Thanks @saprot for your short but accurate feature request, that I think 80% of the ExtJs users want back.
Maybe a public vote can convince Nick or Sencha Management that this feature should return. Or are tabs planned?

An other question I have: the online docs are now MVC, will this version be included in the 4.0.2 release and will the release contain also jasmin tests that are maybe present from QA to ensure quality of the Docs App?
Then Docs APP would be the first serious MVC example since the first preview release.

And my last point:
If I load the online version of Docs App, sometimes I see the menu's from the class header dropdown on the top left side of my browser window. It's just for a second and they disappear. It's like they are getting rendered and then something triggers a hide(). I don't know if this is controlled by Docs App or a general behavior of ExtjS4

Regards

nick_p
6 Jun 2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks for you feedback.

We realize the current history / favorites feature, although an improvement, is still not a replacement for tabs and we're taking steps to address this. There should be an update within the next week with a new approach.

The reason tabs weren't there from the start is because of future features we have planned which are incompatible with a tabbed interface. We'd end up with tabs within tabs which looked wrong in all or mockups. We'd like to keep tabs for class related featured, specifically new tabs for source code, examples, comments and screencasts.

We hope the next incarnation will solve the tabs issue once and for all and will be taking your feedback on board. If not, we'll have to have another rethink.

This 4.0.2 release will contain the MVC version of the docs app, though there are not currently any Jasmine tests included.

On the flickering issue, could you let us know which browser / OS you're working with?

Thanks,

Nick

Nickname
6 Jun 2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for your detailed answer and explanation on tabs.

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with FireFox 4.0.1.
I can give a short update, when this happens: When firefox consumse a lot of memory and the application needs a restart.
If I debug code and I reload my page very often, the memory usage increase a lot and all websites seem slow onload.
So I'm guessing that firefox is to busy with memory management and does not handle the visible part correctly.
After I restart firefox everything is back to normal and this flicker does not happen.

ykey
6 Jun 2011, 4:24 PM
I was thinking it would be nice to be able to conditionally hide inherited methods from the hierarchy list.

Say for tab panel I want to see methods from Ext.tab.Panel and from Ext.panel.Panel but nothing else.

Maybe instead of a single check-box you could have a split button menu where I can select the classes I want to show inherited methods from.

nick_p
6 Jun 2011, 4:27 PM
We actually already have this on our planned feature list. Thanks for posting

azuroff
9 Jun 2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks for switching the list of configs/properties/methods/events/etc back to a single panel rather than forcing us to scroll through a long list.

christophe.geiser
14 Jun 2011, 6:52 AM
Back to tabs discussion ...
What about a combination of horizontal/vertical tabs then? There was a very handy vertical tabs ux for Ext 3.
Cheers,
C.

jorsol
16 Jun 2011, 11:25 AM
When extracting the zip file in Windows there is a problem with a file with the same name, the problem is that Windows is not case sensitive and the file Json.html and JSON.html is the same in Windows. (docs/source/)

renku
17 Jun 2011, 5:32 AM
A good catch. Thanks jorsol. We'll deal with that.

nick_p
17 Jun 2011, 3:01 PM
I've pushed an update to the live docs with some updated features. You can now open classes in new browser tabs by clicking with the middle mouse button, or clicking with the left mouse button while holding shift or control. This allows you to use the native browser tabs for navigating the docs if you choose.

The 'Favorites' tab has been upgraded to include the top 10 most viewed classes by default. You can change the order of favorites with drag and drop and add and remove classes as needed. Your favorites are stored using LocalStorage (supported by all modern web browsers) so will persist between browser sessions.

If you have multiple browser tabs open, any changes to favorites will also be persisted. Try opening multiple docs tabs, changing the ordering, content or height of the favorites section, then viewing the change in the other browser tab.

We've also pushed a number of updates to the Guides as well as many documentation content fixes.

We're still trying to get the docs navigation nailed down and we'd love to hear your feedback!

poum
19 Jun 2011, 8:12 AM
in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/guide/getting_started, (4.0.2)
index-prod extjs link is:
<script type="text/javascript" src="extjs/ext-debug.js"></script>
and should be:
<script type="text/javascript" src="extjs/ext.js"></script> according to previous explanation and my understanding ....

gevik
20 Jun 2011, 1:00 AM
Hi, The proxy config is missing from Ext.data.Model configs list.

ext-spring-mvc
21 Jun 2011, 5:42 AM
tabs...

yes, if it won't impact the performance. lots of time you really need to cross check several classes. without tabs, it is really painful to switch back and forth.

SebTardif
21 Jun 2011, 7:35 AM
The layout of code extract looks very bad in IE8 but looks perfect in Chrome.

You can use this to try: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/guide/application_architecture

nick_p
21 Jun 2011, 2:25 PM
I've just pushed another update - this time there's class member filtering and a new Forms guide, as well as most of the issues from the Docs Content thread addressed.

stevil
22 Jun 2011, 2:19 PM
I'd like to see a date modified timestamp on doc pages. For example, nick_p put a post up today indicating that the theming guide has changed. I'd like to see that on the page itself.

stevil

cnesbit
24 Jun 2011, 8:56 AM
I'm a bit confused about this but in Ext 3.3(-) there was a cellclick event for gridpanels so one could determine an exact cell (row and column) that was clicked. I cannot seem to find any evidence of such an event in Ext 4.0, and the closest I can find is itemclick which only determines the row, not the column also.

The reason I am confused is because, while I can find no trace of a cellclick event in the documentation (even in the documentation > source for the Ext.grid.Panel) the cellclick even does appear to fire, it just has a different parameter list then in Ext 3.3(-) (which I am forced to guess at, given the lack of documentation).

Didn't know if y'all realized it was missing, or if it's even supposed to work?

BillHubbard
27 Jun 2011, 12:10 PM
When typing into the search field, I often get a drop-down that says something like "10 of 13", but I can only ever see the first 10. I'd like to see paging or scrolling available in the drop-down to get to the remaining items. All too often, I am frustrated because I know what I am looking for is beyond the first 10, and I can't find it.

SebTardif
29 Jun 2011, 9:45 AM
The formating problem of code sample still present, see http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.data.Store under IE 8.

Evantan
29 Jun 2011, 11:47 PM
Can't find the "core" dir in Ext docs tree

renku
30 Jun 2011, 11:21 PM
@Evantan: The two classes previously listed under Ext.core (Element and DomHelper) are now listed under the main Ext namespace, just like all the other classes that are technically part of Ext Core. Just to make the API simpler.

ext-spring-mvc
6 Jul 2011, 6:54 AM
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.chart.series.Pie

label config is missing

AndrewHalych
7 Jul 2011, 6:04 AM

I think in place of second underline should be 'afterEnd'.

tangix
7 Jul 2011, 11:19 PM
Just downloaded ExtJS 4.0.4 and I can't open the API Docs due to some build code still in the file docs/app/view/Viewport.js
(Lines 152, 183 and 214)
Tried with FF5, Chrome and Safari on Windows 7

Also, the title of the docs still says 4.0.2a.

tangix
7 Jul 2011, 11:27 PM
In 4.0.4 I am happy to see that the Favorites are working in FF5 and shown in a separate tab.
However - the History tab(?) seems to have been lost while fixing Favorites making navigation even more painful than before.

I guess I'll go back to the 4.0.2 docs

renku
8 Jul 2011, 1:03 AM
I can't open the API Docs due to some build code still in the file docs/app/view/Viewport.js

Yeah, the 4.0.4 docs were corrupted by a bad merge. We're trying to get this fixed soon.

the History tab(?) seems to have been lost while fixing Favorites making navigation even more painful than before.

We took the direction of not inventing our own thing and making use of what's already in the browser. For history, simply use the browser back button. For tabs, middle-click or ctrl-click a link to open it in new browser tab.

tangix
8 Jul 2011, 1:17 AM
History is sort of OK with the standard Back-button, just didn't know it was there... Also it gets a bit messy if you don't start with a fresh tab in the browser (as old stuff is there)

I am not able to open tabs from the tree list by middle-clicking or right-click - there is no open as new tab command there in FF5 (Windows)

Anyway - I hate the new API docs but I guess we'll have to accept it (but it should at least work ;-) )

renku
8 Jul 2011, 1:25 AM
Indeed... the middle-click on tree node doesn't work in Firefox. We'll see how we can fix that. In the mean time you can try ctrl-clicking it, which should work.

xibition
11 Jul 2011, 12:30 AM
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.grid.Panel-cfg-columnLines

pls find the issue via above url

we need above component on API for our further developments.
pls. support us to find that API

renku
11 Jul 2011, 11:03 AM
@xibition: please explain in more details. I'm unable to understand what kind of issue you are referring to.

xibition
11 Jul 2011, 8:25 PM
I mean we can't find the Ext.grid.Panel in following API

edspencer
11 Jul 2011, 11:07 PM
I mean we can't find the Ext.grid.Panel in following API

What? That link is all about Ext.grid.Panel... are you seeing a blank page or something?

xibition
11 Jul 2011, 11:33 PM
Oops...

Class Ext.grid.Panel was not found.
Maybe it was renamed to something else? Or maybe it has passed away permanently to the 404 land? This would be sad. Hopefully it's just a bug in our side. Report it to Sencha Forum (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?135036) if you feel so.
Sorry for all this :(

:-/

xibition
11 Jul 2011, 11:51 PM
Ed we are getting following error when trying to access ur API repo for Ext.grid.Panel

Oops...

Class Ext.grid.Panel was not found.
Maybe it was renamed to something else? Or maybe it has passed away permanently to the 404 land? This would be sad. Hopefully it's just a bug in our side. Report it to Sencha Forum (http://www.sencha.com/showthread.php?135036) if you feel so.
Sorry for all this

edspencer
12 Jul 2011, 12:03 AM
That's weird, works fine for me. What browser and operating system are you running?

xibition
12 Jul 2011, 12:06 AM
I am using
Firefox/3.6.3 on microsoft windows xp-version 2002-service pack 3

edspencer
12 Jul 2011, 1:05 AM
Ok, I don't have access to that browser from here so will check tomorrow. If anyone else has FF3.6.3 on XP to verify that would be appreciated :)

renku
12 Jul 2011, 1:25 AM
At least with Firefox-3.6.17 in Windows 7 it works just fine for me.

@xibition: Do you get this error only when viewing Ext.grid.Panel, or do you have problems opening docs for other classes too? Also, can you try it in some other browser?

xibition
12 Jul 2011, 1:44 AM
yes I checked it with IE 7.0 as well..
I am getting this error only when viewing this Ext.grid.Panel and few classes.
I just can't remind those classes except this.

renku
12 Jul 2011, 11:11 PM
Try if you can access this file: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/output/Ext.grid.Panel.js

If you can access the file, look at the network traffic in Firebug. Does the file get loaded when you choose Ext.grid.Panel from the tree? Are there any other errors in Firebug console?

Also, you could try accessing it from a different machine. Maybe it's some kind of weird network issue. Or maybe it's something specific to your PC.

SebTardif
20 Jul 2011, 10:36 AM
The forum change of language by itself all, so that everything become Spanish or Japanese.

This happen 1 time on 20 of accessing the forum.

edspencer
20 Jul 2011, 10:46 AM
Wow I've never seen that before... any clues on what is common each of those 1 in 20 times?

SebTardif
20 Jul 2011, 10:59 AM
My best guess is that some forum post has link with parameter creating the change. If you add a trace to the server when the language change, then you should see the context (and see the profile was not accessed). After it change, when I go to my profile, the language selected is also the new one.

ligaard
27 Jul 2011, 11:36 PM
I would also like there to be a grey 'x' to the 'Find class members...' search box :-)

ligaard
1 Aug 2011, 3:56 AM
In Firefox I can left and right scroll by tiltinh the mousewheel to left and right in code boxes, when the code content is clipped at the lightgrey box' right edge. Apparently this does not work in Chrome and Opera (tested with Chrome 12 and Opera 11.50, on Ubuntu 11.04).

For testing, here is a page with a wide code example test on: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.grid.column.Column

ligaard
1 Aug 2011, 4:09 AM
I would also suggest to rephrase the text to 'Filter class members', i.e. substitute Find with Filter and remove the ellipsis. Since the page already have a 'Search' box (on the left), then contrasting with 'Find' in another box seems inconsistent. The ellipsis has traditionally been used to signify that a window would pop-up this can be confusing for those who know of that convention; also, the 'Search' box has no ellipsis so it seems inconsistent that the other box does. Just my € 0.02 :-)

chrisvensko
2 Aug 2011, 8:43 AM
Just happened to be looking at the documentation for textfields (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.form.field.Text) and noticed that when you click the expand arrow on the Static Methods - getName(), it actually expands the Methods -> getName().

Should there be both a static method and an instance method that both have the name getName? If so, can we update the IDs for those elements so that they don't collide?

renku
2 Aug 2011, 9:42 AM
In Firefox I can left and right scroll by tiltinh the mousewheel to left and right in code boxes...

Hmm... I don't have such a fancy mouse. Maybe somebody else can test it. Nick?

I would also suggest to rephrase the text to 'Filter class members', i.e. substitute Find with Filter and remove the ellipsis. ...

Agreed. Fixed in github.

I would also like there to be a grey 'x' to the 'Find class members...' search box :-)

Added to TODO list.

...when you click the expand arrow on the Static Methods - getName(), it actually expands the Methods -> getName(). ...

Thanks for noting. The statics cause currently collisions. Will be working on that.

Nickname
3 Aug 2011, 1:07 AM
I know you comment it in post #5 of this thread, but actually I'm not sure what this means now.

We hope the next incarnation will solve the tabs issue once and for all and will be taking your feedback on board. If not, we'll have to have another rethink.

Is the "next incarnation" the release you are currently work on and does this include tabs (yes/no??).

ligaard
3 Aug 2011, 5:44 AM
When showing docs for a class, it is great to have the clickable ancestor hierarchy. It would be even greater if would also be links to 'Show siblings' and 'Show children' (maybe 'children' should be 'sub-types'). Because of limited space in the hierarchy list, it should only be immediate sub-types, and not recursively down.

I have two suggestions for presentation: Either unfold the list of siblings (sub-types) when clicking the link or show a hover menu akin to the menus for 'Configs', 'Properties' etc. in the top menu.

PS: I have missed this feature again and again, so now I decided I better suggest it :-)

edspencer
3 Aug 2011, 6:33 AM
Is the "next incarnation" the release you are currently work on and does this include tabs (yes/no??).

Maybe ;) This is asked for a lot. We listen to our users

edspencer
3 Aug 2011, 6:35 AM
When showing docs for a class, it is great to have the clickable ancestor hierarchy. It would be even greater if would also be links to 'Show siblings' and 'Show children' (maybe 'children' should be 'sub-types'). Because of limited space in the hierarchy list, it should only be immediate sub-types, and not recursively down.

I have two suggestions for presentation: Either unfold the list of siblings (sub-types) when clicking the link or show a hover menu akin to the menus for 'Configs', 'Properties' etc. in the top menu.

PS: I have missed this feature again and again, so now I decided I better suggest it :-)

This would be a nice way to view the hierarchy, but there's 100 ways to do it wrong for every way to do it right. Might take a docs version or two before we would attempt this

mberrie
3 Aug 2011, 10:56 PM
+1 for showing children

There is just no easy workaround to find all implementations of a base class.

ligaard
4 Aug 2011, 4:12 AM
After I posted yeasterday I saw that button[1] already has something about sub-classes in the top menu line. That made me rethink what I really want, so let me rephrase my wish:

I would like something akin the the PHP manuals 'See also' links. In the specific case of button, I would like similar or related widgets to be mentioned. Thus, not only split- and tab button should be mentioned, but also combobox, despite combobox not being in the same object hierarchy; combobox should be mentioned, because its use might be related to (but not the same as) the use of a button. Deciding when something is similar or related does not lend itself to automation, so someone will need to decide and put it in the doc code.

@edspencer, mberrie: I fully agree that this is a large and long-term feature request - I just wanted to record it in here :-)

[1] http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.button.Button

(http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/Ext.button.Button)

ligaard
5 Aug 2011, 1:07 AM
The "Hide inherited" feature is great, but I think it would be better if it was "Minimize inherited": Instead of hiding all inherited class members, they would each be collapsed to one line and the blue link color desaturated to grey.

Likewise in the menubar: In each menu, the inherited class members would be desaturated, but still be in the menu (as a special case: If a menu only holds inherited class members and "Minimize inherited" is checked, then that menus text is also desaturated).

ligaard
8 Aug 2011, 1:19 AM
In http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/DragDrop2.html#Ext-grid-plugin-DragDrop-cfg-ddGroup it says in the doc comment that the default is 'TreeDD' but just below set to 'GridDD'. (this looks like a copy-paste error from the documentation for ddGroup on Ext.tree.plugin.TreeViewDragDrop).

darkhorni
8 Aug 2011, 1:34 AM
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#/api/-method-getSelectionModel does not exist

nick_p
22 Aug 2011, 9:57 AM
The new Docs app is here!

Check out the blog post at http://www.sencha.com/blog/new-ext-js-4-documentation-center

The new docs are at the same URL http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0

lorezyra
23 Aug 2011, 2:26 PM
Return of the Tabs! The Sencha STRIKES back! A new hope for learning... :)) BTW, Love the tabs.

Can you guys offer a "Hide Deprecated" option as you do for "Hide inherited?"

Also, it would be great if you could state when a function/class was introduced as PHP.net does in their docs for all functions. (see http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php for what I'm referring to...) Perhaps you could offer a changelog on each function just as PHP does?

Also, are there any plans to offer the docs in other Languages? I'm thinking about Japanese and other Asian languages. We have a decent group of Japanese on the forums that would happily translate the docs into Japanese.

lorezyra
23 Aug 2011, 2:30 PM
You could also place a link within the doc center for reporting bugs.

Perhaps you can consider a "Report Bug" link on every class within the docs? You could link this to a form the user can submit.

renku
23 Aug 2011, 3:42 PM
Thanks for feedback lorezyra.

Documenting when each function was added is a bit problematic at the moment. We simply don't have this information present in ExtJS source code. In theory it should be possible to automatically compare docs of different ExtJS versions and generate the introduced-in-version information from that. But it wouldn't be 100% reliable method for obtaining this information. Still... maybe we can come up with something.

Currently there has been no thought put into internationalizing the docs. The root of this is that the documentation is generated from the source code, which is in English.

The "Report Bug" feature is already being planned.

lorezyra
23 Aug 2011, 8:02 PM
@renku:
If you guys wanted, you could trace a class's origins to a previous version X.y... Or, you could consider simply start adding "Pre-Ext4" (or something to designate before ExtJS ver 4.0) to the intro'date in rev details. I remember that PHP didn't offer that detail until about 3.x on... Even then, they didn't bother stating that v2.1 (or whatever) was when the class/function was introduced. They simply said: PHP 3.xx and then kept that going forward into the next revisions of the language.

Perhaps you could do the same?

Can you highlight any details on how you will implement the "Report Bug" feature?

Admittedly, I read 90% of my code from an English source. However, there are times when the author was Japanese and doesn't care about English. So, I'll read the Japanese and rewrite the code based on the intent of the application (in English). I'm simply looking forward as you guys grow. PHP is (still) used in all the major languages around the globe. If you guys are serious about expanding _globally_ then you should start planning on how to implement translations of your source.

MHjerpe
24 Aug 2011, 6:40 AM
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/

C (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/)hrome on Windows..

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null ext-all.js:15

Spinning Cog Wheels never goes away... ?

mberrie
24 Aug 2011, 7:05 AM
C (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/)hrome on Windows..

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of null ext-all.js:15

Try emptying the browser cache!

JELaVallee
25 Aug 2011, 6:30 AM
The title pretty much sums it up...

I've tested in Safari 5.1 as well and scrolling DOES work there.

Haven't had a chance to inspect it in the debugger due to stupid work getting in the way, but figured I'd note it since I hadn't seen any mention of it in this thread.

To note: This is only happening in the API Documentation tab. The other tab's (Overview, Videos, Examples, etc.) appear to not exhibit this problem.

Cheers,
Etienne

renku
25 Aug 2011, 10:50 AM
I don't have Firefox 5 at hand, but with FF 6 and Chrome 13 it works just fine for me on OSX 10.6.

JELaVallee
25 Aug 2011, 12:14 PM
renku:

Oddly enough... I just checked it and it's working fine now (???)... I'm wondering if I had some cache wonkiness as I just did a cached files dump in both FF and Chrome about an hour ago.

I'm also wondering if it has to do with my windows being open on my external monitor which is in portrait orientation... i.e. the side panel that has the tree panel in it doesn't require scrolling until a few of the tree folders are expanded. But even then I can't reproduce it now.

What I had been seeing was that the scrollbar was scrolling up and down, but the content of the panel wasn't doing anything.

Anyway, redact my bug report!

Cheers,
Etienne

renku
25 Aug 2011, 1:11 PM
Actually I managed to trigger the bug you were having. But it happened just once. After refresh it was alright again. Some kind of mystery bug...

JELaVallee
25 Aug 2011, 1:24 PM
renku:

HA! I just had it happen to me in Safari 5.1 as well... not sure the cause still as there was nothing obvious in the console re: errors or the likes.

Kinda hard to diagnose w/o the debug ext lib in there... hmmm...

Lightning in a bottle. Will wait for it to happen again and see.

To note, this just started happening after the most recent (awesome) doc viewer app update.

thnx,
Etienne

nick_p
1 Sep 2011, 2:20 PM
A new version of the Live docs has been uploaded with a 'Close all tabs' button on the Tab bar overflow menu, amongst various other bug fixes.

Check it out at http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0

CraigMyers
2 Sep 2011, 12:17 AM
When trying to view the api docs i get the following error when using Google Chrome (v13)

File: ext-all.js

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'map' of undefined

the contents of the class i'm then trying to view do not load.

edspencer
2 Sep 2011, 10:21 AM
@Craig seems fully functional to me - can you try a full refresh or in another browser? Sounds like it could be a bad cache

NeoJS
2 Sep 2011, 4:48 PM
On the the source code pages the reference to the Prettify library is incorrect.

The prettify library is under the docs folder and should be moved to the docs/resources sub folder, which is where all of the source code pages are referencing the library.

view-source:http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/Panel2.html#Ext-grid-Panel (http://www.sencha.com/forum/view-source:http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/Panel2.html#Ext-grid-Panel)

burnnat
7 Sep 2011, 12:49 PM
I'm happy to see the return of tabs to the docs app! Unfortunately, I think I've found a bug in the implementation. To duplicate:

Open the docs application to some API page, say, the page for Ext.Component.
Click any link to a different page; for example, the page for Ext.button.Button.
With the tab for Ext.button.Button open, click the 'x' on the tab bar to close it.
Note that the page for Ext.button.Button remains open, but the tab selector has moved back to Ext.Component.

I'm surprised no one else has reported this yet... or maybe they have, and I missed it. :)

renku
7 Sep 2011, 1:35 PM
Thanks for reporting. Both the tabs bug and prettify bug will be fixed in next docs update.

kent78
7 Sep 2011, 10:36 PM
There seems to be a bug regarding some tree examples in the examples section of the docs application:
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/tree/reorder.html
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/tree/xml-tree.html
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/tree/two-trees.html

It seems that the the get-nodes.php (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/extjs/examples/tree/get-nodes.php?_dc=1315463315375&node=src&sort=%5B%7B%22property%22%3A%22leaf%22%2C%22direction%22%3A%22ASC%22%7D%2C%7B%22property%22%3A%22text%22%2C%22direction%22%3A%22ASC%22%7D%5D) call isnīt returning any nodes.
(Tested in Firefox, Chrome and IE7)

renku
8 Sep 2011, 4:16 AM
Thanks kent78, we're looking into it.

Nom4d3
19 Sep 2011, 4:38 AM
There some issues running on Opera Next 12. Header is white and scrollbar is not styled.

littletree
21 Sep 2011, 10:22 AM
Anyone else having problems with the online docs at the moment? I keep getting server not found for docs.sencha.com

azuroff
21 Sep 2011, 10:27 AM
Anyone else having problems with the online docs at the moment? I keep getting server not found for docs.sencha.com

Works fine for me, but http://www.isup.me/docs.sencha.com is reporting it down - so it doesn't look like it's just you.

edspencer
21 Sep 2011, 10:43 AM
We're looking into it right now, thanks for the heads up

littletree
21 Sep 2011, 11:29 AM
The whole website seemed down for a minute there, but they are both online now. Thanks!

edspencer
21 Sep 2011, 12:41 PM
It appears to be a DNS issue with GoDaddy, working to resolve now. Might be up and down for some people until they resolve it

skirtle
7 Oct 2011, 3:55 PM
Has the docs app just been updated? I'm running into a few issues.

Nav tree out of alphabetical order. The exact order varies between different browsers.
There's no scrollbar on the nav tree when I first go to the API docs. Note this only happens if you initially go to one of the other tabs, e.g. by following the link on the Sencha website.
Clicking the big green class name on each page no longer opens the source code, it loads a new copy of the docs.

renku
8 Oct 2011, 6:44 AM
Thanks for pointing out.

There was an error in sorting algorithm. Should get fixed in next update.

The scrollbar problem is an odd one. I'll try to find out what's causing it.

Click on class name was intentionally changed. Link to source code is now available as a separate link, or rather links, because there can be several of them. I'm personally too quite used to the way it used to work. I think it's just a matter of getting used to. We'll see how it turns out.

skirtle
9 Oct 2011, 10:56 AM
Click on class name was intentionally changed. Link to source code is now available as a separate link, or rather links, because there can be several of them. I'm personally too quite used to the way it used to work. I think it's just a matter of getting used to. We'll see how it turns out.

I did wonder whether it was intentional, the list of files certainly makes more sense. However, I don't understand the motivation behind launching a new copy of the docs when you click on the green class name. Is that part intentional?

renku
9 Oct 2011, 12:23 PM
Intentional indeed. But I agree it's far from perfect.

LesJ
10 Oct 2011, 7:18 AM
Please ensure that packages are listed in alphabetical order:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api

See the pic below, currently the packages are not listed aplhabetically

renku
10 Oct 2011, 7:28 AM
Thanks for pointing out. It will be fixed as soon as we manage to roll out an update to server.

sreeser
14 Oct 2011, 6:55 AM
Procedure: In Google Chrome (14.0.835.202 m) open up the api and inside any content page middle click and move the mouse to scroll around. Notice that you can scroll away from the content of the page into nothingness. This does not happen in IE or FF.

renku
15 Oct 2011, 1:48 AM
Hmm... I'll try to reproduce it when I get my hands on a Windows machine.

skirtle
20 Oct 2011, 2:55 PM
The code previews all appear to be broken (at least all the ones I've tried). Seems to be trying to load Sencha Touch, gets a 404, then reports:

ReferenceError: Ext is not defined

This is in the ExtJS 4.0.7 docs.

nick_p
20 Oct 2011, 4:05 PM
Thanks, should be fixed shortly

Daniil
24 Oct 2011, 2:39 AM
Hi team,

The following examples doesn't seem to work, the trees are empty.
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/tree/reorder.html
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/tree/two-trees.html

Tested under FF 7, Chrome 14 and IE9.

Nom4d3
24 Oct 2011, 7:45 AM
The new documentation is not working on Opera. It stays on the loading screen forever.

Here the console errors:

[24/10/2011 13:34:09] JavaScript - http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/
Timeout thread: delay 1 ms
Uncaught exception: ReferenceError: Security violation
Error thrown at line 1, column 234922 in <anonymous function: request>(k) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
m.send(r.data);
called from line 1, column 1477499 in <anonymous function: getSession>() in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
Ext.Ajax.request({url:Docs.baseUrl+"/session",params:{sid:this.sid},method:"GET",cors:true,callback:function(d,f,e){if(e&&e.responseText){this.currentUser=JSON.parse(e.responseText);this.fireEvent("available");if(this.currentUser){this.loggedIn()}else{this.loggedOut()}}},scope:this})
called from line 1, column 1477175 in <anonymous function: afterrender>(b) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
this.getSession()
called via Function.prototype.apply() from line 15, column 242789 in <anonymous function: fire>() in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/extjs/ext-all.js:
if(k&&k.fireFn.apply(k.scope||j.observable,d)===false)
called from line 1, column 155133 in <anonymous function: dispatch>(o, s, p) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
if(x.fire.apply(x,Array.prototype.slice.call(p,1))===false)
called from line 1, column 154766 in <anonymous function: fireEvent>(a) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
return b.dispatch.call(b,a,this,arguments)
called from line 1, column 465497 in <anonymous function: render>(d, e) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
f.fireEvent("afterrender",f);
called from line 1, column 184587 in <anonymous function: renderItem>(h, g, f) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
h.render(g,f);
called via Function.prototype.apply() from line 15, column 65696 in <anonymous function: callParent>(d) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/extjs/ext-all.js:
return e[c].apply(this,d||[])
called from line 1, column 938766 in <anonymous function: renderItem>(k, i) in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/app.js:
this.callParent(arguments);

renku
24 Oct 2011, 8:27 AM
Confirmed.

Seems that the newly introduced comments system does cross-domain Ajax requests which aren't supported by Opera.

I'll investigate if there's any reason why we couldn't use JsonP instead to make it work in all browsers.

WixSL
31 Oct 2011, 6:46 PM
URL: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/form/form-grid-access.html

WixSL
31 Oct 2011, 6:52 PM
Just switch to "Gray" Theme Using Chrome 15.

WixSL
31 Oct 2011, 7:01 PM
Bubble Panel does't look very "bubbly" :)
It looks like a normal panel to me (Using Chrome 15).

WixSL
31 Oct 2011, 7:11 PM
Re-thinking the sample.
Maybe is not a bug, i just miss-understood it's behaviour.

LesJ
3 Nov 2011, 6:12 AM
When I read class doc and the "Hide inherited" checkbox in unchecked, it 's hard to tell if a method or a config option is inherited or not.

I have to check the "Defined By" column to see if the method or config is inherited. It would help if there was an additional indication that a member is inherited, e.g a lighter font color or an additional icon for inherited members could be used.

burnnat
3 Nov 2011, 7:34 AM
Thinking about inherited members, something else that might be useful is the ability to jump to a parent implementation of a method that gets overridden in a child class. I often use the "view source" link to inspect the method implementation, but in cases where a parent implementation is overridden and accessed with callParent(), it can be hard to find the source for that original definition. This can be especially frustrating in cases with multiple levels in the hierarchy where some classes don't provide an override for the parent and others have a series of nested callParent()s spanning multiple levels of the hierarchy.

I don't know about difficulty/feasibility, or even what an ideal solution would look like, but maybe a dropdown on the right by "view source" with links to the source for parent declarations would be nice.

skirtle
3 Nov 2011, 7:55 AM
I agree with burnnat, I run into that problem a lot too. Links to the entire override chain would save me loads of time.

The converse problem is that a lot of methods are overridden but inherit docs. This results in the 'View source' link for a method jumping to the base implementation rather than the implementation for the class I'm interested in.

renku
3 Nov 2011, 8:30 AM
@WixSL: Thanks. Somehow the stylesheets have gone missing. We'll see into that.

@LesJ: A simple addition. Implemented it right away in JSDuck.

@burnnat: Looks useful. We'll see about that too.

LesJ
3 Nov 2011, 8:35 AM
@LesJ: A simple addition. Implemented it right away in JSDuck.

When will I see this addition and how does it work?

renku
3 Nov 2011, 10:59 AM
In a day or few... when the docs app gets updated. It will look as it was in old 3.x docs - the classname in "Defined by" column will be dark for non-inherited items.

WixSL
4 Nov 2011, 1:58 PM
I think i've posted the following bug in the wrong forum, should be in this one:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?152266-ext-4.1-pr1-4.0.7-MultiSelect-and-ItemSelector-Controls-Bugs

mes-x
7 Nov 2011, 8:59 AM
The new documentation is not working on Opera. It stays on the loading screen forever.

Same on my Firefox 7.0.1.
Firebug reports "t is null" whatever that means...

best Regards

renku
7 Nov 2011, 1:54 PM
Strange. The Opera issue got fixed several days ago, so I doubt it's the same problem.

And when I try at Firefox 7.0.1 it works just fine.

Any other information you could provide? Did the docs work for you before?

WixSL
8 Nov 2011, 6:09 PM
I always get an error when clicking a comment icon at least with Chrome 15 / IE8.

WixSL
8 Nov 2011, 6:16 PM
About Opera, I used to have the loading problem as well, and from one day to the other, every thing start working. May be is a particular case of some sort.
I'm using Opera 11.52 and i have no trouble, nevertheless i did found some visual issues like this one:

WixSL
8 Nov 2011, 6:34 PM
Using Chrome 15:
The image below shows exactly what i see when moving an horizontal scrollbar of a comment's panel, but ONLY if you first synchronise the panel's top line with the main toolbar's bottom line by scrolling down the entire page (That is what i'm trying to show you with the red arrow in the image).
I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

mes-x
9 Nov 2011, 12:07 AM
Any other information you could provide? Did the docs work for you before

Yes the docs worked before and i've just tried on another machine with Firefox 7.0.1 and it worked fine. I also upgraded fom Firefox 7.0.1 to 8.0 yesterday but still same error.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 German. Addons are Firebug, Webdeveloper, ColorZilla, Live HTTP Headers.
How can i provide more information (please see also my screenshot)?

Thx and best regards
Manuel

EDIT: i also disabled caching...

renku
9 Nov 2011, 1:42 AM
@mes-x: I tried Firefox 8 on Windows 7 - worked fine. Installed all the extensions you had - still worked fine. I'm running out of ideas. As you said, you couldn't reproduce it either on another machine.

Have you tried opening other docs from http://docs.sencha.com ?

renku
9 Nov 2011, 2:04 AM
I always get an error when clicking a comment icon at least with Chrome 15 / IE8.

OK. Confirmed.

I'm using Opera 11.52 and i have no trouble, nevertheless i did found some visual issues

Yeah, we fixed the crash in Opera. But thanks for bringing up the visual problems.

The image below shows exactly what I see when moving an horizontal scrollbar of a comment's panel, but ONLY if you first synchronise the panel's top line with the main toolbar's bottom line by scrolling down the entire page

Sorry, can't reproduce. What do you mean by "horizontal scrollbar of comments panel"? I'm unable to get a horizontal scrollbar to appear in the comments section. I do get the scrollbar on the code example, but that visual glitch doesn't seem to appear.

LesJ
9 Nov 2011, 6:58 AM
I often use the doc just to see a method's signature... Let's say I'm trying to look up the signature of the Ext.draw.Sprite.setAttributes() method....

I enter "sprite" in the search box, select the 'Ext.draw.Sprite' entry in the list, open the Sprite doc, mouse over "Methods"... NOW... when I mouse over the setAttributes method, I'd like to see the signature of this method (in a tooltip) w/o scrolling to the place where this method is listed in the doc.

Is it possible to display the method signature on mouseover?

renku
9 Nov 2011, 8:16 AM
It might be a reasonable addition...

However, for your particular scenario, why don't you just type "sprite.setAt" into search box and jump directly into the method description.

WixSL
9 Nov 2011, 4:54 PM
Sorry, can't reproduce. What do you mean by "horizontal scrollbar of comments panel"? I'm unable to get a horizontal scrollbar to appear in the comments section. I do get the scrollbar on the code example, but that visual glitch doesn't seem to appear.

Ok, I'll try to elaborate a little more.
Follow the image reference:

1.- Scroll down the page until the code example panel start hiding behind the toolbar.
2.- Scroll right the code example panel.

Now you should see the resulting visual glitch.

renku
10 Nov 2011, 2:31 AM
OK, today I managed to trigger it right away. Maybe yesterday I didn't test in Windows.

Looks that you've found a bug in Chrome or Webkit. Reported it: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=103708

Nom4d3
10 Nov 2011, 4:39 AM
After the fixes for Opera, is working like a charm on Opera 12 Preview.

Thanks!

campersau1
10 Nov 2011, 5:59 AM
The Ext.draw.Matrix class is missing in the docs.
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/Matrix.html

(http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/Matrix.html)

WixSL
10 Nov 2011, 3:34 PM
OK, today I managed to trigger it right away. Maybe yesterday I didn't test in Windows.

Looks that you've found a bug in Chrome or Webkit. Reported it: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=103708

You are right!
The bug it's not reproducible with other browsers.
Thanks for your effort investigating this.

nohuhu
16 Nov 2011, 6:41 AM
Anybody else noticed Docs page keeping constant CPU load at 5-10% even without any tabs open? I see it in Chrome 15, FF7 and Opera 11 alike; MSIE8 is running in virtual machine so I can't tell for sure but it looks like it does the same. I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

See screenshot -- Firefox was started fresh, has only one tab open and it's Docs from local file:
I see the same picture with remote Docs, too.

Regards,
Alex.

renku
16 Nov 2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks nohuhu.

I've managed to pinpoint the problem at two things:

- A rotating gif on the background (easy to fix).
- Ext.util.History seems to generate a huge amount of timer events (needs to be investigated further).

LesJ
8 Dec 2011, 7:25 AM
I use Sublime Text 2 (ST2) as my editor. This editor has an interesting feature w.r.t. to loading documents.

ST2 has a sidebar listing a tree of folders and files. This tree supports both single and double click. When you single click (a leaf), the loaded file is previewed, ie. it replaces the currently loaded document w/o updating the corresponding tab. Double click loads the document and adds a new tab.

I wonder if this design would improve the speed of loading Sencha API docs.

http://www.sublimetext.com/

renku
8 Dec 2011, 7:40 AM
Reducing the number of tabs would not improve the performance in any significant way - although many tabs might be open, there is always just one class loaded at a time. The bottleneck is in rendering the contents of the class documentation page. We're pretty much aware of the problem, just need to tackle it.

Not opening every page in a new tab certainly has its own merits, though...

vadimv
9 Dec 2011, 12:32 AM
In IE7 doc app doesn't open, an error is thrown.

renku
9 Dec 2011, 4:07 AM
Are you using a real IE7 or just emulating IE7 in IE8 or IE9?

I have a theory that XDomainRequest object exists in IE7-mode of IE9, but not in real IE7. The docs app tries to detect this feature but Ext JS itself just checks if IE >= 8, so these two different detection mechanisms result in conflict. But I don't have an IE7 at hand to test.

skirtle
9 Dec 2011, 4:35 AM
@renku.

I just tried it in a real IE7 and IE7 compatibility mode in IE8.

In IE7 the docs load OK but there are some gremlins with scrollbars and tabs not working correctly.

In IE8 compatibility mode it errors and fails to load. The debugger shows the error 'Access is Denied' on this line:

m.open(r.method,r.url,s)

where:

s = true
r = {data: null, method: 'GET', url: 'http://projects.sencha.com/auth/session?_dc=1323433093242&sid='}

In a bit more context, that line appears here:

if(p){m.open(r.method,r.url,s,p,n)}else{m.open(r.method,r.url,s)}

Thought occurs that testing the docs app in older browsers would be a great stage of the QA process for ExtJS releases if it isn't already.

vadimv
9 Dec 2011, 4:44 AM
Just tested on real IE7, was testing on a chrome extension IETab.
I tested your theory, added on IETab didn't received any error, but on real IE7 got the error about XDomainRequest: is undefined. Then for the future I guess I'll use http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/examples/ instead of app doc, to test examples/features on IE7.

EDIT: @skirtle, just debugged too in VS, confirmed.

renku
9 Dec 2011, 4:54 AM
Thanks. Then I guess it's the way that I thought.

We've been pretty much ignoring IE < 8. Just making sure that the page just doesn't crash horribly. But it didn't really occur to me that one might want to test the examples in old IE. Guess we need to put more effort into supporting old IE-s.

vadimv
9 Dec 2011, 5:07 AM
But it didn't really occur to me that one might want to test the examples in old IE

:) me too, but when my client asked a working version of the app in IE7, was getting a strange error, then I thought to test a similar example on sencha...

Dipish
20 Dec 2011, 3:22 AM
The docs app never remembers my login and password (though I am normally logged in in the forums), I have to enter it every day over and over
It seems that comments don't work currently

renku
20 Dec 2011, 5:07 AM
Yeah. These problems are known and worked on. For some unknown reason the comments database has decided to go down after every 8 hours or so.

mark0978
9 Jan 2012, 8:52 AM
Online docs are broken this morning. When you try to add a comment, the server responds with a 500, and the code never removes the Loading Icon (which is a bug).

And, while we are on it, I'm trying to add a comment to the following events in a grid panel

, columnhide: function( /*Ext.grid.header.Container*/ ct, /*Ext.grid.column.Column*/ column, /*Object*/ eOpts ) {
console.log('Column Hide');
}
, columnshow: function( /*Ext.grid.header.Container*/ ct, /*Ext.grid.column.Column*/ column, /*Object*/ eOpts ) {
console.log('Column Show');
}
, columnmove: function( /*Ext.grid.header.Container*/ ct, /*Ext.grid.column.Column*/ column, /*Number*/ from, /*Number*/ to, /*Object*/ eOpts ) {
console.log('Column Move');
}
, columnresize: function( /*Ext.grid.header.Container*/ ct, /*Ext.grid.column.Column*/ column, /*Number*/ width, /*Object*/ eOpts ) {
console.log('Column Resize');
}

All of this are called with a scope of this = grid, (maybe all listeners are called his way) but I see no mention of it in the docs.

mark0978
16 Jan 2012, 2:42 PM
http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/form/form-grid-access.html
(http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/form/form-grid-access.html)
Ext version tested:

Ext 4.0.7
Browser versions tested against:

Chromium
FF8
DOCTYPE tested against:

Whatever you guys use
Description:

This example is broken online. If I open the same file from the local install, it works, so I'm guessing its just a server config issue for you guys
Steps to reproduce the problem:

Visit URL
Witness Chaos as a web page
The result that was expected:

Visit URL
Looks cool
See this URL for live test case: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/example/form/form-grid-access.html
(http://)Operating System:

Win7x64

renku
19 Jan 2012, 7:49 AM
See the docs of addListener (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Ext.util.Observable-method-addListener), it tells that if scope is not defined, it defaults to the object which fired the event.

The form grid access example is now fixed internally, but all fixes currently go to 4.1.

The comments have been down for way too long. Sorry for that. Hopefully we can get things back up and running on the next few weeks.

Thanks for reporting.

renku
19 Jan 2012, 7:49 AM
See the docs of addListener (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Ext.util.Observable-method-addListener), it tells that if scope is not defined, it defaults to the object which fired the event.

The form grid access example is now fixed internally, but all fixes currently go to 4.1.

The comments have been down for way too long. Sorry for that. Hopefully we can get things back up and running on the next few weeks.

Thanks for reporting.

LesJ
24 Jan 2012, 9:01 AM
I just checked the YUI doc. YUI uses scriptdoc - same as Ext.

I noticed that Yahoo uses the keyword @chainable, which I didn't see anywhere in the Ext doc, although many Ext methods are chainable. Something to consider?

See this (http://yuilibrary.com/yui/docs/api/files/app_js_controller.js.html#l383) Yahoo doc as an example.

renku
24 Jan 2012, 6:40 PM
YUI uses YUI Doc (http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/yuidoc/).

Sencha uses JSDuck (https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck).

I've never heard of ScriptDoc before, and google didn't help me a lot. Found few pages talking about a project which wasn't there any more. The best resource I found was this specification (https://wiki.appcelerator.org/display/tis/ScriptDoc+(SDOC)+2.0+Specification) (that however doesn't contain your @chainable tag).

Anyway... the @chainable tag is trivial to implement in JSDuck as a custom tag. One just needs to write a tiny Ruby class. We might include it to JSDuck core though. We'll see. Thanks for suggestion.

lorezyra
26 Jan 2012, 12:52 AM
I have not been able to add any comments to the ExtJs 4.0 docs for the last couple days. I was waiting patiently (hoping) for you guys would recognize the problem and fix it... However, it seems you need someone to alert you to the issue...

In addition to the inability to post, none of the existing comments are showing up. Last week there were a good number of comments. Today, ZERO.

Here's the firebug (network) output I get everytime I attempt to post:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>502 Proxy Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Proxy Error</h1>
<p>The proxy server received an invalid
response from an upstream server.<br />
The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a href="/auth/comments-ext-js-4/_design/Comments/_view/by_target">GET&nbsp;/auth/comments-ext-js-4/_design/Comments/_view/by_target</a></em>.<p>
Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at projects.sencha.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Can someone please investigate this issue?>:)

mankz
26 Jan 2012, 2:08 AM
Ext.TreePanel has a source snippet typo:

{ text: "alegrbra", leaf: true}

Ext.data.Store keeps referring to arrays of Groupers at a few places where it should say array of Models

Load event:

load( Ext.data.Store this, Ext.util.Grouper[] records, Boolean successful, Ext.data.Operation operation, Object eOpts )
Fires whenever records have been prefetched

Parameters
this : Ext.data.Store
records : Ext.util.Grouper[]
An array of records

mankz
26 Jan 2012, 5:05 AM
Shouldn't the 'afterRender' template method be listed in the docs? Don't see it anywhere...?

Same for onRender and onDestroy.

lorezyra
26 Jan 2012, 4:54 PM
I have not been able to add any comments to the ExtJs 4.0 docs for the last couple days. I was waiting patiently (hoping) for you guys would recognize the problem and fix it... However, it seems you need someone to alert you to the issue...

In addition to the inability to post, none of the existing comments are showing up. Last week there were a good number of comments. Today, ZERO.

Here's the firebug (network) output I get everytime I attempt to post:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>502 Proxy Error</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Proxy Error</h1>
<p>The proxy server received an invalid
response from an upstream server.<br />
The proxy server could not handle the request <em><a href="/auth/comments-ext-js-4/_design/Comments/_view/by_target">GET&nbsp;/auth/comments-ext-js-4/_design/Comments/_view/by_target</a></em>.<p>
Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at projects.sencha.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Can someone please investigate this issue?>:)

Now, it shows HTTP error 500 - internal server error... with the following text output:

Ext.data.JsonP.callback3({"error":"timeout","reason":"{gen_server,call,[couch_query_servers,{get_proc,<<\"javascript\">>}]}"});

mankz
27 Jan 2012, 1:28 AM
'refs' is not found anywhere in the docs, should be on the Controller.

vadimv
3 Feb 2012, 8:45 AM
Ext.Component.disabled cfg has wrong description:

disabled (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Ext.AbstractComponent-cfg-disabled) : Boolean (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Boolean)
True to disable the component.

mark0978
3 Feb 2012, 8:55 AM
Are you logged in when this happens? If I'm not logged in when I try to add comments it does a 500, when I am logged in, most of the time it works.

mankz
7 Feb 2012, 1:05 AM
'fm' is not found in XTemplate docs (related to disableFormats)

mankz
7 Feb 2012, 5:42 AM
The sample usage code snippet found in http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Ext.form.Basic doesn't render properly. Fields should have 'xtype' set.

Anticom
13 Feb 2012, 2:52 AM
Ext Version: 4.0.7, Browser: FF 10.0.1 (Windows 7 32 Bit)

Please see the linked image (http://i.imgur.com/x8KHa.jpg) for setup.
Problem is, that if you move the splitter way to the right or left and afterwards collapse the panel on the left, the pannels seperated by the splitter don't fit to center region anymore.

Did I do anything wrong or is there an issue with layout-engine/css ?

[edit]: I've started a seperate thread. You can follow it here (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?181174-Bug-with-splitter-used-in-a-border-layout&p=735468#post735468).

Regards,
Timo

renku
13 Feb 2012, 7:35 AM
@Anticom. Looks like a bug to me. Please report it in a separate thread. This one is for bugs in documentation.

mark0978
26 Feb 2012, 9:41 PM
This is the largest set of docs of any of the selection model classes. It doesn't list any of the concrete classes that currently exist. The two I've found are: RowModel and CellModel and they have have nothing in the way of an overview.

Ext.Selection.Model
Tracks what records are currently selected in a databound component.

This is an abstract class and is not meant to be directly used. Databound UI widgets such as Grid and Tree should subclass Ext.selection.Model and provide a way to binding to the component.

The abstract methods onSelectChange and onLastFocusChanged should be implemented in these subclasses to update the UI widget.

robboerman
27 Feb 2012, 5:20 AM
As of today, the links to the tutorials from the tree in the Guides section all report 404

renku
27 Feb 2012, 6:13 AM
Thanks for noting. Things have gone wrong with latest update. Trying to get this fixed.

LesJ
28 Feb 2012, 11:31 AM
IMO the Back and Forward (BF) button support is confusing. It would be better if the BF feature simply switched to the next tab in the order the tabs are displayed, not in the order the tabs were loaded.

This is particularly confusing when I open the Doc with a few tabs already preloaded... then the BF feature appears not to be working or even takes me out of the application.

Dipish
28 Feb 2012, 11:43 AM
I do not agree. In most cases the browser back & forward buttons should have the same semantics in a web application as in normal web pages: take the user back and forward through his navigation history. You can navigate your tabs in random order and it's helpful to have a way to back and forth between your recent tabs, especially taking into account that there's currently no way to reorder them. I often switch between 2-3 tabs when looking something up (e.g. classes related to one topic), and these tabs can be initially preloaded not consecutively (or some of them might even be hidden if there are a lot of tabs) so I use browser BF buttons.

Regarding the initial load, I just tried to load the docs in a new tab and hit the browser back button. The first press took me to home tab (the leftmost one) and after that the back button became disabled, with is perfectly logical in my vision.

P.S. I see many great updates to the docs application, and the comment system is working again, thanks to devs!

LesJ
28 Feb 2012, 11:54 AM
In most cases the browser back & forward buttons should have the same semantics in a web application as in normal web pages: take the user back and forward through his navigation history.

Not in this case. I don't use the doc all the time. Most of the time I use my editor... then when I come back to the doc... I don't even remember the order in which I opened the tabs (and I don't care about the navigation history)... when I click the Back button... and I go forward... this is confusing.

On top of that this is not consistent with my editor where the BF buttons simply open the loaded files in a circle... :>

burnnat
28 Feb 2012, 12:03 PM
I do not agree. In most cases the browser back & forward buttons should have the same semantics in a web application as in normal web pages: take the user back and forward through his navigation history. You can navigate your tabs in random order and it's helpful to have a way to back and forth between your recent tabs, especially taking into account that there's currently no way to reorder them. I often switch between 2-3 tabs when looking something up (e.g. classes related to one topic), and these tabs can be initially preloaded not consecutively (or some of them might even be hidden if there are a lot of tabs) so I use browser BF buttons.

Regarding the initial load, I just tried to load the docs in a new tab and hit the browser back button. The first press took me to home tab (the leftmost one) and after that the back button became disabled, with is perfectly logical in my vision.

P.S. I see many great updates to the docs application, and the comment system is working again, thanks to devs!
+1, I also use the back/forward buttons to switch between my last recently-viewed tabs.

The docs app lives within your browser, and it should behave like any other webapp out there, tracking the user's navigation history within the app itself. Overloading them to behave in a different manner breaks that paradigm needlessly. If functionality needs to be added to cycle through the tabs in order, that's fine - but it should not be implemented via the back/forward buttons, but in a more appropriate mechanism elsewhere on the page.

Dipish
28 Feb 2012, 12:10 PM
Not in this case. I don't use the doc all the time. Most of the time I use my editor... then when I come back to the doc... I don't even remember the order in which I opened the tabs (and I don't care about the navigation history)... when I click the Back button... and I go forward... this is confusing.

On top of that this is not consistent with my editor where the BF buttons simply open the loaded files in a circle... :>

I've never seen (and used) BF buttons in an IDE that would cycle through tabs, normally there's a special keyboard shortcut to switch between tabs, like ctrl + (tab/shift+tab) or ctrl + (pgup/pgdn) and all browsers implement it too. History buttons are still for history, and in case of sencha docs webapp specifically it makes sense. You may not use history feature but it doesn't mean you should expect history buttons to do some other work for you. You probably want to file a feature request for making a keyboard shortcut for cycling through tabs in the order they appear (there doesn't seem to be any at the moment).

LesJ
28 Feb 2012, 12:21 PM
+1, I also use the back/forward buttons to switch between my last recently-viewed tabs.

The docs app lives within your browser, and it should behave like any other webapp out there, tracking the user's navigation history within the app itself. Overloading them to behave in a different manner breaks that paradigm needlessly. If functionality needs to be added to cycle through the tabs in order, that's fine - but it should not be implemented via the back/forward buttons, but in a more appropriate mechanism elsewhere on the page.

The way the BF button support currently works already breaks the navigation paradigm... if it didn't break it, the back button would take you to back to the previous page, not to another tab.

Why is it important to keep track the navigation history in the app? Most of the time I don't even remember the navigation history when I come back to the doc after leaving my editor.. and I don't even care about the order tabs were opened 5 or 10 minutes ago.

Frequently the BF buttons work in a way that is not expected when I come back to the doc after a few minutes.

campersau1
28 Feb 2012, 12:22 PM
Have you tried ALT-LEFT and ALT-RIGHT? I think these shortcuts behave as you would expect.

LesJ
28 Feb 2012, 12:25 PM
I've never seen (and used) BF buttons in an IDE that would cycle through tabs

Try Sublime Text... really nice editor and fast, too.

burnnat
28 Feb 2012, 12:31 PM
The way the BF button support currently works already breaks the navigation paradigm... if it didn't break it, the back button would take you to back to the previous page, not to another tab. So, frequently the BF buttons work in a way that is not expected when I come back to the doc after a few minutes.

Why is it important to keep track the navigation history in the app? Most of the time I don't even remember the navigation history when I come back to the doc after leaving my editor.. and I don't even care about the order tabs were opened 5 or 10 minutes ago.
No, it does not currently break the paradigm. It's no different than (heaven forbid!) using links pointed to a frame to show the documentation content. The back/forward arrows track the user's history, just as expected.

Just because you don't use them to backtrack your history doesn't mean that others don't - quite clearly, @Dipish and I already do. If you want a better way to cycle through the tabs, that's fine, but it shouldn't override the expected behavior of the back/forward buttons. And if you've forgotten the order of the tabs you've visited, you can always check the back button's dropdown menu:

renku
28 Feb 2012, 12:33 PM
Interesting discussion.

Current implementation of tabs can be confusing at times. However, I tend to agree with others here, that the proposed solution is not likely to improve things. Most importantly, clicking back button enough times on any web page should finally take you away from it, but when it's just cycling through the tabs you will be stuck there forever. Also the implementation would be problematic.

There are other suggestions for improving the tabs found here: https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues

Dipish
28 Feb 2012, 12:33 PM
The way the BF button support currently works already breaks the navigation paradigm... if it didn't break it, the back button would take you to back to the previous page, not to another tab.

Frequently the BF buttons work in a way that is not expected when I come back to the doc after a few minutes.

It's probably not important in cases when you do a quick look at the docs and then get back to your code but history navigation is very convenient if you want to spend more time with the docs, learning a hierarchy of classes for example or comparing features of different classes. And as you click on links inside the docs they often take you to a new tab so using history navigation here to get back to the item that you were originally viewing is again convenient.

Also, I don't understand what are you saying about the current behaviour that breaks history navigation paradigm and that BF buttons work not as expected. I just checked again and I have no issues with it. If the back button is taking you to a previous page it means you were viewing this page before going to sencha docs webapp and you cycled through all your previously viewed tabs inside the docs. For the browser it's all just your history of navigated URLs so I don't see how this behaviour breaks anything. It's convenient to open webapps directly in separate tabs (and pin them in your browser), not navigate to them from other websites, that way you wouldn't accidentally navigate away from the webapp.

Dipish
28 Feb 2012, 12:34 PM
Have you tried ALT-LEFT and ALT-RIGHT? I think these shortcuts behave as you would expect.

No, this seems to be a browser shortcut equivalent to history back/forward buttons.

Dipish
28 Feb 2012, 12:59 PM
Interesting discussion.

Current implementation of tabs can be confusing at times. However, I tend to agree with others here, that the proposed solution is not likely to improve things. Most importantly, clicking back button enough times on any web page should finally take you away from it, but when it's just cycling through the tabs you will be stuck there forever. Also the implementation would be problematic.

There are other suggestions for improving the tabs found here: https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues

Thanks for pointing out! I suggest to continue the discussion on github.

I opened a couple of issues:
Allow tab reordering (https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues/143)
Implement keyboard shortcut for cycling through tabs (https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues/144)

LesJ
29 Feb 2012, 10:22 AM
The Show button is a nice feature. I just noticed it. :)

burnnat
29 Feb 2012, 10:24 AM
The Show button is a nice feature. I just noticed it. :)
Agreed, it's very handy!

mark0978
29 Feb 2012, 12:36 PM

This isn't your editor. The Back and fwd buttons are like the clutch and the brake, people know which is which, and swapping them around or exchanging their function with buttons on the radio just causes trouble.

I'd rather see the docs load up empty everytime I refresh the URL, that way the back/fwd paradigm works.

If you want a next tab button, it should be in the tab toolbar list.

mark0978
29 Feb 2012, 12:39 PM
Why is store.createModel marked as private? There seems to be no reason since a store has exactly one model, that should be an exposed and document method. Not sure if this should be here or elsewhere, but I got here because it was missing from the docs, then I noticed it was private.

renku
6 Mar 2012, 6:22 AM
@mark0978: Because this method is only used internally by Store. If you feel this method should be made public, file a feature request and give a concrete use case.

And to others too: Please report bugs in documentation to Content Bugs (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?135037-API-Documentation-Content-Bugs) thread. This thread is for bugs in the documentation app itself.

jjalonso
23 Mar 2012, 1:29 PM
Today, when i try write a comment into the Ext.Date.format() method, and before enter my login, the server redirect me to a page with this error:

"Ext.Date was not found"

Also... Ext.Date.format must explain the possible format string and keywords.
Thank.

deepak.jhaaa
26 Mar 2012, 11:31 PM
"Ext.img, image" attribute is not found in the sencha docs "http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/"... http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/api/Ext.Img

renku
27 Mar 2012, 1:24 AM
@jjalonso: Seems to work fine for me. The format used by Ext.Date.format is quite thoroughly documented at the beginning of Ext.Date documentation page.

@deepak.jhaaa: What do you mean by "image" attribute of Ext.Img? Looking at the source code of Ext.Img I see no trace of such config option or property.

adisharoon
29 Mar 2012, 10:58 AM
Nowhere in the documentation is it mentioned that you can specify configuration for the viewport in your Ext.application configuration. I would expect this to be mentioned either in the documentation for Ext.Viewport (which only mentions Ext.setup) or Ext.app.Application.

renku
29 Mar 2012, 11:37 AM
OK. I'm closing down this thread in favor of the JSDuck thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?151739-JSDuck-the-tool-for-documenting-your-Ext-JS-apps) elsewhere. It has turned out too confusing to understand where to report documentation bugs in this forum which as two overly similarly named sticky threads.

For bugs in the documentation app itself, use the JSDuck thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?151739-JSDuck-the-tool-for-documenting-your-Ext-JS-apps) or post directly to github bug tracker (https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues).