PDA

View Full Version : Basic Tutorials?

RenokK
31 May 2011, 5:02 AM
Hey There.

Im new to Sencha. So i searched for some tutorials. The only thing i found was the "Hello World" Tutorial witch is kind of too basic. Are there any step by step tutorials witch teach me how to get used to Sencha?

Thx for you help

RenokK

kevinv1990
31 May 2011, 6:00 AM
you can find them on the sencha touch page and by checking the examples which is in the ST folder you downloaded. Also if you search on the forums and api you find many information.

Greetz

RenokK
31 May 2011, 6:13 AM
So for example. There is this example page:

http://touchstyle.mobi/app/

Is there a way to get the code of this page? I love the style this is made.

But im a real newbie. so on this page:

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/examples/kitchensink/

theres that "source" button. not i copied the source code. and what to do with is now? well. maybe im just too stupid to find anything usefull for an total beginner or there is nothing.

AndreaCammarata
31 May 2011, 1:37 PM
Hi RenokK.
You can have a look at my website, I'm slowly writing a free Sencha Touch course.
Maybe it can help you

http://www.andreacammarata.com/en/corsi/sencha-touch/

RenokK
31 May 2011, 10:25 PM
Thx. This looks great. Ill give your free cours a try. Ill tell you later if it was helping me.

EDIT:
Ok i took a look at the tutorials. the description is in english but the tutorial isnt...thats not good...i dont understand what you are writing there...

siddharta
31 May 2011, 10:54 PM
andreacammarata, Great job!! you won a "mi piace" in facebook :)

AndreaCammarata
2 Jun 2011, 11:58 PM
Thx. This looks great. Ill give your free cours a try. Ill tell you later if it was helping me.

EDIT:
Ok i took a look at the tutorials. the description is in english but the tutorial isnt...thats not good...i dont understand what you are writing there...

I would really like to write them in native english, but actually I don't have too much time to do it.
However I'm planning to do that as soon as I have some free time.

AndreaCammarata
3 Jun 2011, 12:20 AM
andreacammarata, Great job!! you won a "mi piace" in facebook :)

Thank you siddharta, I try to do as much I can to help the community according with my free time ;)
Thank you for your feedback and for your "mi piace" on Facebook :)

RenokK
3 Jun 2011, 12:27 AM
Well even without understanding what you where trying to tell me there i copied the code and tried to understand what you where telling me with it. after doing this i had some panels. and with help of some other threads i had a panel at the bottom and a 3 page carousel on top of it.

but now i have to say. i got these 2 little objects in there...and didnt understand what i was doing...

so i have to ask. should i read through some basic to professional books for javascript and/or jquery to understand how to use sencha touch or are there some good basic tutorials out there wich can explain the basics while teaching me how to use sencha?

ps:
god im such a newbie...

AndreaCammarata
3 Jun 2011, 12:55 AM
Well even without understanding what you where trying to tell me.

It 's so bad google translation?

i got these 2 little objects in there...and didnt understand what i was doing...

Well RenoKK I think we can't help you on this, I mean, you only know what you want to develope, so Sencha examples, just like my tutorials, try to give you the basic concept to undestand how the component and the framework works. So maybe you need to provide more informations on what you want to do so we can give you a hand.

so i have to ask. should i read through some basic to professional books for javascript and/or jquery to understand how to use sencha touch or are there some good basic tutorials out there wich can explain the basics while teaching me how to use sencha?

Well, you shold know at least javascript basics. About the books, I know J.Garcia is writing one on Sencha Touch that will be pubblished with good probability this summer. For any professional tutorials, I suggest you to take a look at Sencha 2010 conference videos.

http://www.sencha.com/conference/videos/

Hope this helps.

hyperionab
3 Jun 2011, 7:17 AM
There are also a lot of good examples at: http://github.com/senchalearn. Those examples are built by James Pearce and others and are good examples of building an app the proper way (e.g. using MVC) and are well documented.

RenokK
5 Jun 2011, 11:15 PM
Well. I switched to JQ-Mobile. Its much easier to understand. Cant do that much different stuff but its so easy to use

AndreaCammarata
6 Jun 2011, 12:59 AM
Well. I switched to JQ-Mobile. Its much easier to understand. Cant do that much different stuff but its so easy to use

You are free to do what you want, but you will never know what you are missing not using Sencha Touch.
Easy things doesn't means best things.
However, Sencha Touch is so easy. Maybe you miss some js knowledge.
Good luck.

RenokK
6 Jun 2011, 1:01 AM
Thats my problem. As i allready told. I dont know how to work with js. Ill make my current project with jqmobile. After that ill read some books and try to understand how js works. After that. Ill come back to sencha ;)