PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch examples are not supported IE? (javascript errors in IE)

anthoang
7 Jun 2011, 4:16 PM
Secha Touch examples are not supported in IE? Please tell me this is not true.

I just downloaded the sencha-touch.1.1.0.zip example files. The examples (ie KitchenSink) works fine in google chrome and safari, but gives me javascript errors in IE 8.0. I even installed IE 9.0 but get the same javascript errors. The javascript errors I get is, "object doesn't support method or property:addEventListener".

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong because if Secha doesn't support IE, I can't continue with this framework.

carl23934
7 Jun 2011, 5:14 PM
Yes you are correct. It also does not work in firefox.

Sencha Touch is for webkit based browsers (iPhone & Android on mobile, Safari & Chrome on desktops).

Seriously... who even has a windows phone anymore? If you do, it's time to drade phones, not frameworks.

mitchellsimoens
8 Jun 2011, 5:53 AM
Seriously... who even has a windows phone anymore? If you do, it's time to drade phones, not frameworks.

Windows Phone support is going to be added but may not be there till Sencha Touch 2. Windows Phone 8 is really getting some excitement.

anthoang
8 Jun 2011, 10:28 AM
I guess my concern is to be able to support mobile-devices as well as desktop browsers with the same code. rather than having to create two separate websites to display the same thing. But it seems as though every other mobile frameworks are the same. They only support safari and chrome and not IE.