PDA

View Full Version : Ext.ux.UFO

JeffHowden
26 Sep 2007, 7:46 AM
I finally completed a port of UFO 3.22 by Bobby van der Sluis. Source code and demo available at:

http://ext.vosandhowden.com/ux/ufo/

kpandey
1 Feb 2008, 10:31 AM
Jeff
Good job on the port. Any reason why you made Ext.ux.UFO a singleton? This is limiting it to using just once per page scope.

I could look into making it a function so that it can be instantitated with a new as many times as needed.

Thanks
kumar Pandey

JeffHowden
4 Feb 2008, 1:36 PM
I overlooked the need to use it more than once in a single page. Really it ought to be called with a signature like:

myFlash = new Ext.ux.UFO({ /* ufo config */ });

Additionally, per 2.0 conventions, the id to perform the replacement on should be part of the config and not the first argument to the constructor (?).

vanidoso
23 Feb 2008, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to understand what UFO offers, I visited this link:
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/ufo/test/testBrowserCommunication.html

It looks like you can pass values (interact) with the swf file from JS. Is that correct?

I am trying to call Ext. functions from within a .swf file without success and I was wondering if UFO or the mediapanel extension could help me with that.

Right now the .swf object (inside a tab / tabpanel / region center...) allows me to specify a javascript URL such as
javascript: alert('Foo');that works fine when I click on the hotspot.
But when I write
javascript:Ext.MessageBox.alert('Status', 'Changes saved successfully.');
I only get a blank page with "Object [object]". Pending more testing I'd like to know if I need to use any "media/flash" extension with to do what I want.

Thanks.

lgerndt
4 Sep 2008, 9:40 AM
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for that port. When I tried it on Safari, though, it didn't render anything. I found the problem: In Ext.ux.UFO.js, the variable embedConfig doesn't exist. Change it to objectConfig and you're all set. There's only one occurrence of it.

ethraza
23 Sep 2008, 11:54 PM
myFlash = new Ext.ux.UFO(config);
TypeError: Ext.ux.UFO is not a constructor

Somebody knows why?