PDA

View Full Version : Issues starting out with Sencha Touch.

shurrock
14 Jun 2011, 12:56 PM
Hey guys,

I am new to sencha, only been at it for a few days, and having some initial issues.

Firstly some of the examples that come with the download of Sencha do not work for me, i get a blank page, with nothing on the screen. Does anyone else experience this or know why this happens?

Secondly, ive started to build an app, the basis of a tab bar application with mutliviews, and i have some initial questions.

Ext.setup({
tabletStartupScreen: 'tablet_startup.png',
phoneStartupScreen: 'phone_startup.png',
icon: 'icon.png',
glossOnIcon: false,
onReady: function(){
Ext.regModel('Contact', {
fields: ['firstName', 'lastName']
});

new Ext.TabPanel({
fullscreen: true,
items: new Ext.List({
title: 'My Tab',
tpl: '<tpl for="."><div class="contact"><strong>{firstName}</strong> {lastName}</div></tpl>',
itemSelector: 'div.contact',

singleSelect: true,
grouped: true,
indexBar: true,

store: new Ext.data.Store({
model: 'Contact',
sorters: 'firstName',

getGroupString: function(record){
return record.get('firstName')[0];
},

data: [{
firstName: 'Tommy',
lastName: 'Maintz'
}]
})
})
});
}
});

I have this piece of code in my application, that adds a tabpanell, and the second tab should be a tableview or listview that is shown in the application.

I have included the debugging versions of the sencha library, but seem to not get any notifications of anything going wrong.

This just appears to be a blank screen on my browser, i am currently using safari.

If anyone has any suggestions, or even links to tutorials/documents that might help me i would be extremely great full, i have read the initial "learn" page on the site, but i just cant seem to get this working.

Any advice would be superb!B)

Thanks

Tom

marimaf
14 Jun 2011, 2:53 PM
Have you tried the examples in Google Chrome? Maybe that helps

shurrock
14 Jun 2011, 10:31 PM
Hey, no I haven't tried Google Chrome as yet, is that a better testing environment? I will try that today.

Any other help or ideas regarding this topic, or useful reads on tutorials or guides on sencha touch would be awesome!!

Thanks

Tom

bclinton
14 Jun 2011, 11:14 PM
You need a webkit browser to view Sencha Touch apps. The only webkit browser on Windows is Google Chrome.

Glance through this guide to Chrome Developer Tools: http://code.google.com/chrome/devtools/docs/overview.html

I suggest that you read the API docs and refer to them frequently. Don't be afraid to click the method names and look at the code.

shurrock
15 Jun 2011, 1:35 AM
Hey, thanks for the info! I am currently developing on a macbook, ill download Chrome plus chrome dev tools.

Once again, thank-you so much for the help greatly appreciated.

Tom