css used:

only default ext-all.css

Browser versions tested against:

FF3 (firebug 1.6.2 installed)
FF4.0.1 (firebug 1.7.2)

Operating System:

WinXP Pro

Description:

Issue #1: Basic toolbar example - when hovering over other items after clicking on 1 button the expand of the menu is 1 behind where the mouse is.
Issue #2: The expanded menu list isn't aligned correctly the first time to a 't-b?' menuAlign/defaultAlign. Using a custom Ext.menu.Menu which allows hbox and vbox layouts. Only custom css used was to place a custom image instead of text but can recreate it using text only.
Issue #3: when setting an element width in the config of a menu item it is overwritten to the default minWidth set in Ext.menu.Menu.

Ron Howard
16 Jun 2011, 8:08 AM
Issue #1 Bugged picture: Ext JS 4.0.2a basic toolbar example

Issue #1 Correct picture: Ext JS 3.4.0 basic toolbar example

Ron Howard
16 Jun 2011, 8:25 AM
I'm slowly editing this post with all of my debugging and findings.
The go advance button still doesn't work for me.
So will post screen shots of each issue in separate reply posts.

Ron Howard
20 Jun 2011, 7:36 AM
After the first time it's shown the menu aligns correctly. Text only menus.

Issue #2: Bug Firefox 4.0.1 firebug 1.7.2

Issue #2: Correct Firefox 4.0.1 firebug 1.7.2

Ron Howard
20 Jun 2011, 11:53 AM
Issue #3 is cause I have no text set and was using css images to set the width and height so the minWidth got set even if the config had a width or not.
I'm going through this in more detail right now and will update this thread with the results.

jratcliff
21 Jun 2011, 5:40 AM
Thanks for reporting this. For # 2, do you have a code snippet I can use to test this with?

Thanks!

Ron Howard
21 Jun 2011, 5:50 AM
Let me wrap up some test code for you. I've been going through the code.
I customized the Ext.menu.Menu source to handle vertical: false kinda like the toolbars does.
I've been talking with Mitchell Simoens a few about this on my other forum user account.
So if you want more details just email me.

jratcliff
21 Jun 2011, 8:33 AM
Thanks Ron. I went ahead and created ticket EXTJSIV-2565 for issue #1 since I was able to reproduce that.

Thanks again for reporting this.

Jack

Ron Howard
21 Jun 2011, 9:30 AM
Thanks Jack will separate tickets be opened for each issue if they are bugs?
Also sent you a pm via my other forum username.

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 8:15 AM
Issue #2 has been noticed and is being taken care of.

Ron Howard
22 Jun 2011, 2:37 PM
Thanks Mitchell will these be in the next release for 4.0 or gotta wait till 4.1?

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 3:08 PM
Um... yes! :))

It has already been fixed and will be released in the next version which I believe is 4.0.4. I'm thinking 4.0.4 will be released to support subscribers so it will make the next GA release whichever and whenever that will be.

Ron Howard
22 Jun 2011, 3:28 PM
What is in svn currently?
I haven't had a chance to update it and build.

My email is attached to a premium support account even though my profile only says Sencha User.

=)

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 3:38 PM
What is in svn currently?
I haven't had a chance to update it and build.

My email is attached to a premium support account even though my profile only says Sencha User.

=)

No access for you! Currently they are working on the 4.0.4 branch in Git.. not sure how we are deploying to support subscribers since we don't do development in SVN anymore. I will see if I can change your title and permission here in the forum tho.

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 3:41 PM
Looks better :) You were already part of the Ext JS Premium group so you should have access. Can you confirm that you have access in the premium forums?

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 3:46 PM
Yep working good thanks.
I sent you a pm from my usual forum name.
I'll clean up the menu.Menu for use with the hbox and set it in the feature request I just wanted to double check the issues I was hitting was confirmed in ext code and not something i introduced reason for the bug report. :)

You need to get used to managing 2 forum names :)

Ron Howard
22 Jun 2011, 3:48 PM
LOL I was doing good but trying to juggle 3 user names is getting tiresome. :)
1 generic username
1 username attached to a license for a side project
then this username for my work

I'm getting old and can't juggle them like I used too.

mitchellsimoens
22 Jun 2011, 3:50 PM
LOL I was doing good but trying to juggle 3 user names is getting tiresome. :)

I do my managing of all my email addys that I want to stay signed in with different browsers/versions... like my personal is on Chrome but my Sencha mail in FireFox 5

Ron Howard
28 Jun 2011, 6:35 AM
Are there any updates to issue #1?

Also I did some digging and issue #3 is if using css images instead of text the hbox layout defaults to the minWidth instead of calculating what the width would be from css. The hbox is only handling the positioning using left.

mitchellsimoens
28 Jun 2011, 6:39 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by #1. The only bug I see in the menus is that when one menu shows and you mouse over a button with a menu, it doesn't show unless you mouse over the arrow.

Ron Howard
28 Jun 2011, 6:40 AM
In the first post I did 3 issues. =)

mitchellsimoens
28 Jun 2011, 6:41 AM
In the first post I did 3 issues. =)

Yup... what do you mean behind where mouse is?

Ron Howard
28 Jun 2011, 7:00 AM
Jratcliff issued the bug ticket cause he reproduced issue #1.
I also put up screenshots for issue #1. =)

mitchellsimoens
28 Jun 2011, 7:03 AM
Jratcliff issued the bug ticket cause he reproduced #1 issue.
I also put up screenshots for issue #1. =)

You did didn't you :) And that was the same thing I was talking about that I was seeing and I remember him asking about it. Looks to be scheduled for 4.0.5 but shouldn't be hard to override. The mon listener is probably just over the arrow EL and not the button EL

Ron Howard
26 Jul 2011, 6:42 PM
I saw issue #1 made it into 4.0.5 has issue #2 been fixed also in 4.0.5?