PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS, jQTouch and RaphaŽl

joinsky
18 Jun 2011, 12:29 AM
I have read that Sencha Touch combines ExtJS, jQTouch and RaphaŽl. Is that true? So is Sencha Touch only those 3 framework put into one?

joinsky
18 Jun 2011, 1:23 PM
Could anyone please answer my question?

joinsky
19 Jun 2011, 2:54 PM
Please I need to know that. If someone knows something about my question, please post it.

Hanni Sullivan
19 Jun 2011, 10:57 PM
No, Sencha Touch is not just three frameworks put into one file. Sencha Touch evolved from jQTouch, which was created by David Kaneda. David Kaneda joined ExtJS last year.
But SenchaTouch offers a lot more than jQTouch and incorporates a lot of aspects of ExtJS.
I don't know where RaphaŽl fits into the equation, since it is a vector graphics library and I haven't seen much SVG stuff in Sencha Touch.

joinsky
20 Jun 2011, 8:09 AM
Here I found a Link:
http://www.sencha.com/blog/ext-js-jqtouch-raphael-sencha

In a German magazin, called C'T-Magazine it is mentioned that Sencha Touch unites
Ext JS, Raphael and jQTouch

Hanni Sullivan
20 Jun 2011, 10:37 AM
I don't get your problem, sorry.
First of all, the blog post you have linked to, just says that ExtJS, jQTouch and RaphaŽl joined forces and the company which unites all three frameworks is now called Sencha. But Sencha Touch is not mentioned with a single word. Sencha (the company) !== Sencha Touch (the framework).
Secondly, what would be so bad about Sencha Touch being a combination of jQTouch, ExtJS and RaphaŽl (which it really isn't)?
The c't article you mention problably states the same: The company is called Sencha and offered those three frameworks at that time.

joinsky
21 Jun 2011, 1:57 PM
"Secondly, what would be so bad about Sencha Touch being a combination of jQTouch, ExtJS and RaphaŽl (which it really isn't)?"

--> Nothing would be bad. I just want to know it.

"The c't article you mention problably states the same: The company is called Sencha and offered those three frameworks at that time."

-->No, definitely not. The article definitely says that Sencha-Touch unites those 3 frameworks. I have the article in front of me and you can trust me that it is really said that Sencha Touch unites the 3 frameworks.

joinsky
2 Jul 2011, 9:18 PM
So for the last time: Can someone 100% gurantee that Sencha Touch does not united the 3 frameworks:
ExtJS, jQTouch and RaphaŽl. I have to do a presentation about Sencha Touch that's why I need to know that. So is the article i mentined above, in which iit ist said that Sencah Touch is in fact a combination of those 3 frameworks wrong