PDA

View Full Version : Proper way to refresh grid or panel insite Window

minamu1
19 Jun 2011, 1:14 PM
Hello all,

This might sound like a novice question, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

I have a propertygrid (or could be a panel) that autoloads via an ajax call. This propertygrid is placed insite a Window object and shown when the window is shown. In our case, we can assume the propertygrid is report of name/value pairs.

I am having trouble refreshing the content inside the Window each time the link is pressed to generate a new report - it keeps showing the same propertygrid with the old report data. The window is closed via the hide() funtion.

The only (ungraceful?) way I have of doing this is by window.destroy() each time and creating a new one each time with the propertygrid and new report data, but I am sure there is a proper, more elegant way of doing this.

Any thoughts on whay I'm doing incorrectly here?

Thanks in advance!

Mohammad

skirtle
19 Jun 2011, 4:51 PM
You should just need to reload the data in the propertygrid's store. You will probably want to use the load() method, or possibly reload(). See the API docs for a store (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4.0/docs/?class=Ext.data.Store).