PDA

View Full Version : htmleditor

allardp
21 Jun 2011, 7:10 AM
Hello, I am opening a Window programmatically with a HtmlEditor. The problem is that when I close the window, the area of the editor is still visible, although the window is destroyed (hideMode: "close"). Strangely, at some other times I got an error "Out of stack space" in Ext-all-debug.

If no error ocurred, then when trying to open a second time a new window with a HtmlEditor, the application hangs, nothing happens anymore ..

I am struggling a lot more with Ext.4.0.2 than with Ext 3.3... is this only me ?

allardp
21 Jun 2011, 8:59 AM
Here is example code that shows it, when you call this function to open a window, and close the window, then there is still a area visible that was the contentEditable area :

function openEditor() {
var editor = Ext.create("Ext.form.field.HtmlEditor", {
name: "editor",
border: false,
value: "",
listeners: {
change: function (e) { debugger; },
dirtychange: function (e) { debugger; }
}
});
var wnd = Ext.create("Ext.Window", {
x: 80, y: 80,
width: 500, height: 350,
title: "Note",
closable: true,
closeAction: "close",
buttonAlign: 'right',
hasChanges: false,
items: [editor]
});
wnd.show();
}

I am also wondering why is it that the change and dirtychange events never occur ? They should occur as soon as the user starts typing, not? But they never occur, even not on blur...

If anyone has a solution... I'd be glad to hear it...

allardp
21 Jun 2011, 9:06 AM
sorry ... my fault ... I should have used :

hideMode:"destroy"

(or removed it at all, since it is default)

christophe.geiser
21 Jun 2011, 9:16 AM
Hi,
re events not being fired, I posted a bug report along with a test case. It has not been acknowledged yet.

You are certainly not the only user seriously struggling with an update to 4.x ...

Good luck
C.