PDA

View Full Version : modal Dialog shadow error in Firefox

reignman
27 Dec 2006, 5:40 AM
HI,
I found a small bug with shadowed Dialogs in Firefox.
In my application ther was div with style="overflow:auto;"
when I inserted the basic html code for a simple dialog and opened it the shadow of the dialog was OVER the dialog itself.

so it was impossible to close it.
this happens only in FF.

you can try it also in your example of simple dialog:
just make a div with overflow style arround the dialog block and you will see.

this is just a small bug but in systems with usermade templates you can't ensure that there is no overflow setting in an upper element :)

thanks for fixing in a newer version

Reignman :wink:

tryanDLS
27 Dec 2006, 8:57 AM
Why you put a dialog into a div with overflow:auto? That's not a useful default feature - I can't believe any templating system would do that by default. If that truly is a possiblility in your app, you should
a) change the dialog with a setStyle to eliminate the overflow,, or
b) add a CSS entry to turn it off, or
c) use autoCreate:true on your dialog to build it's HTML from scratch eliminating the possibility of putting it into an auto-generated div.

reignman
28 Dec 2006, 5:37 AM
thanks for your reply...

I didn't mean that it has to be changed...
eather that the system I'm working with is bad...

no it was a very special case and I was wondering, why it didn't work in firefox.
so if it could be fixed in yui-ext some people wont wonder about a not working dialog.

there are a lot of people who don't know how to use yui-ext very well and they just copypaste from examples. so this small bug can't surprise them anymore :)

jack.slocum
28 Dec 2006, 6:17 AM
This isn't a bug in yui-ext. That's how z-indexes work. The shadow and iframe shim (if needed) are rendered to the body element. If your dialog is created from an existing element, it will also need to be at the root level (directly in the body) otherwise it's z-index may or may not be applied depending on certain conditions. There's a good thread on this somewhere in the help forum.