PDA

View Full Version : YUI-EXT dialog box z-index

mriganka_de
29 Dec 2006, 3:28 AM
I tried YUI-EXT dialog box. But we have a problem. Even if I am giving higher z-index value for that dialog box div some portion of the base screen is still coming on top of that dialog box. I would be grateful with any suggestion

tryanDLS
29 Dec 2006, 11:56 AM
Please don't use bold in your posts.

If you have a dialog that covers a portion of the page which contains a input element on IE, it will show thru regardless of the z-index. You have to use shim:true on your dialog to prevent that. There are number of posts in the forum regarding z-index issues. If you can not find a solution please post a link or sample - or in this case maybe a screen shot to at least show the problem.

jack.slocum
29 Dec 2006, 12:21 PM
Also, make sure you dialog is rendered to the body element. Otherwise the applied z-index won't apply to elements who have a different parent. Rendering to the body guarantees it's z-index will always be respected.

rney_aspect
29 Dec 2006, 9:16 PM
Here is an example of the cropping issue he is encountering using the sample dialog.

http://localhost:8080/viewpointpoc/images/croppingSample.jpg

rney_aspect
29 Dec 2006, 9:18 PM
I forgot to mention this is an image sent to me by mriganka_de so this is exactly what he is encountering.

jack.slocum
31 Dec 2006, 2:59 AM
Did you see my post above. That is generally the problem.

bakyildiz
10 Sep 2007, 5:16 AM
Did you see my post above. That is generally the problem.

Hi Jack,
I attached a problem case which uses the yahoo yui menu component by yahoo web site. When you go over the menu it is appearing on back side of the flash file. How can we bring the menu to front ? Any idea ?

Thanks.

tryanDLS
10 Sep 2007, 8:59 AM
Why are you resurrecting a 9 month old thread to ask a new question? This an Ext forum, if you have questions regarding YUI components, please post them on their website. If you are still using the old yui-ext codebase, you need to upgrade - there are very few people using it anymore, and even fewer available to answer any questions.

Please read this http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6272 before posting.

Closing this thread.