PDA

View Full Version : Scrolling is jerky

spicavigo
14 Jul 2011, 4:47 AM
On Android 2.2 with Sencha Touch 1.1, I have a list with vertical scroll. When I compare my scroll performace with that of other apps on the phone, I find that mine is far too choppy. I tried to play with acceleration and friction and other parameters of Scroller and still that jerkiness remains. Example of a smooth scrolling app is Twitter App.

I have been fighting with this issue for quite sometime and was wondering if there is a solution possible at all. I fear I will be forced to give up on Sencha if I can't solve this one.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,
Yousuf

phil.fuse
2 Aug 2011, 7:46 AM
spicavigo you get anywhere with this?
we're just at a point were we're are trying to optimise our android app and the scrolling is just unusable at the moment.
going to do some more digging.
looking at tuning the acceleration and friction settings to see if they help at all.

spicavigo
2 Aug 2011, 8:05 AM
Acceleration and friction setting do help, but there is still that jerkiness. Its not as smooth as it should be.

Native scrolling of WebView is terrific. Thats the kind we should have. But sencha butts in and mucks the scrolling up.

There should be a way to disable sencha scrolling and let the browser handle it.
Tell me if you have any luck with this.