PDA

View Full Version : datefield display value different between Chrome and Firefox5

Darren Martz
19 Jul 2011, 11:22 AM
Has anyone else seen this?

I am still investigating this, but I have a json store that shows a date such as "2011-08-02" meaning August 2nd 2011. That is the same date stored in the database.

On Chrome it displays in a form and in a grid-column as "Aug 2, 2011".
On Firefox5 it displays in a form and in a grid-column as "Aug 1, 2011".

Why it backs off a single date is very odd, but it is consistent with Firefox. The javascript and jsonstore values are identical, so this is entirely a local rendering issue.

The format settings is "M d, Y" on the datefield in the form.

Any ideas? Has anyone seen this before?

skirtle
20 Jul 2011, 9:04 AM
Does it happen with other versions of FF? Which ExtJS version are you using?

Darren Martz
20 Jul 2011, 9:51 AM
We are using ExtJs 3.3.1 and I have not setup an older FF test yet to see if this is new behavior. This is an internal only app and all my users are on either the latest Chrome or the latest FF.

skirtle
20 Jul 2011, 3:18 PM
Understood, but diagnostically it's very helpful to know whether it works with older browsers. FF3.6 would be especially useful to try.

One thought that occurs is that storing dates without times can often lead to problems with DST. The simplest workaround is usually just to treat everything as midday on the given day such that an hour's difference either side won't change the date. One experiment that might be worth trying is to see whether dates in the winter behave differently to dates in the summer.

Can you generate a simple reproducible test case with static data so we can try it ourselves?