PDA

View Full Version : Ext.Resizable inside a scrollable table - possible to autoscroll during resize?

elloyd
26 Jul 2011, 6:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a new ExtJS developer, and I want to start by saying that I really like using ExtJS so far - it has been easy to pick up and learn. I'm having a problem with Ext.resizable nested inside a scrollable area, and I'm hoping someone can help.

Here's the setup: I have a table with overflow-y:auto set For this example, say the table is only 300px tall. Inside this table, in the columns, I am creating divs that are then made into Ext.resizable objects. I only want to change the height of these divs, (which I can do by setting the handles to 'n s') but here's the tricky part. When I actually start resizing (ie holding the mouse and moving up/down) and I hit the edge of the table, I would like the table to scroll. Right now, the proxy created by extJS looks to be absolutely positioned in the 'body' element, so it always shows up outside of the table. I want it to always be *inside* the table, and when i resize out of the visible area of the table, I want the table to scroll with me.

Does this make sense? I'm not sure if this is possible or not....but I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've posted a screen shot of a simple example I made during a resize event. As you can see, the proxy is outside of the table. I want the proxy to be bound to the table, but when I hit the edge of the table the view should scroll.