PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] [4.0.5] Grid : Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded

MrSparks
27 Jul 2011, 12:41 AM
REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:

Ext 4.0.5

Browser versions tested against:

Chrome 12
FF3 3.6.18

Description:

Grid / Store generates error "Uncaught RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded" Under Chrome
Grid / Store generates "Unresponsive Script"

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Simply run the code (below) and wait a few seconds for the error to be generated.

The result that was expected:

Grid / Store should be error free

The result that occurs instead:

Error is generated.

Test Case:

<html>
<head>
<title>Complex Layout</title>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext-4.0.5/resources/css/ext-all.css" />
<style type="text/css">
p {
margin:5px;
}
.settings {
background-image:url(ext-4.0.5/shared/icons/fam/folder_wrench.png);
}
.nav {
background-image:url(ext-4.0.5/shared/icons/fam/folder_go.png);
}
.info {
background-image:url(ext-4.0.5/shared/icons/fam/information.png);
}
</style>
<script type="text/javascript" src="ext-4.0.5/bootstrap.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">

Ext.require(['*']);

Ext.onReady(function(){

Ext.define("myModel", {
extend: "Ext.data.Model",
idProperty: 'id',
fields: [
{name: 'id', type: 'int'},
{name: 'name', type: 'string'},
{name: 'type', type: 'string'},
{name: 'op', type: 'string'},
{name: 'tg', type: 'string'},
{name: 'm', type: 'string'},
{name: 'lc', type: 'string'},
{name: 'en', type: 'string'},
{name: 'as', type: 'string'}
]
});

var myStore = new Ext.data.Store({
model: 'myModel',
proxy: {
type: 'ajax',
url : '/my_grid_data.cfm',
reader: {
type: 'json',
root: 'data'
}
}

});
myStore.load();

var mySelectionModel = Ext.create('Ext.selection.CheckboxModel', {
});

var myGrid = Ext.create('Ext.grid.Panel', {
id: 'myGrid',
frame: true,
boxMinWidth : 1000,
autoHeight: true,
store: myStore,
selModel: mySelectionModel,
columns: [
{
text: "Name",
dataIndex: 'name',
width: 250,
menuDisabled: true,
},
{
text: "Type",
dataIndex: 'type'
},
{
text: "OP",
dataIndex: 'op'
},
{
text: "TG",
dataIndex: 'tg'
},
{
text: "M",
dataIndex: 'm'
},
{
text: "LC",
dataIndex: 'lc'
},
{
text: "EN",
dataIndex: 'en'
},
{
text: "AS",
dataIndex: 'as'
}
],
columnLines: true,
animCollapse: false,
viewConfig: {
stripeRows: true
}
});

var myContent = Ext.create('Ext.panel.Panel', {
id: 'myContent',
border : false,
minWidth : 600,
bodyPadding: 10,
layout: 'anchor',
items:[
myGrid
]

});

Ext.create('Ext.Viewport', {
layout: 'auto',
items: [
myContent
]
});
});

</script>
</head>
<body>

</body>
</html>

JSON

{
success: true,
data: [
{
"id" : "1",
"name" : "Some Name",
"type" : "Some Type",
"op" : "Some op",
"tg" : "Some tg",
"m" : "Some m",
"lc" : "Some lc",
"en" : "Some en",
"as" : "Some as",
}
]
}

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot or Video:

NA

Debugging already done:

none

Possible fix:

not provided

Operating System:

WinXP Pro

Pipster123
27 Jul 2011, 12:55 AM
+1

Qanik
27 Jul 2011, 6:28 AM
+1

tiger.seo
27 Jul 2011, 8:58 AM
where i can get 4.0.5 ???? :(

MrSparks
27 Jul 2011, 10:39 AM
where i can get 4.0.5 ???? :(

You need a valid Sencha support subscription to get 4.0.x builds. The next Public release is 4.1.0

edspencer
27 Jul 2011, 3:33 PM
Confirmed, working on a patch asap. This appears to only fail when using the Checkbox selection model - if you remove that line everything works as expected.

Also, when I run this I am seeing that the load mask does not disappear (even after commenting out the checkbox selection model line) - do you see the same?

MrSparks
27 Jul 2011, 10:05 PM
Confirmed, working on a patch asap. This appears to only fail when using the Checkbox selection model - if you remove that line everything works as expected.

Also, when I run this I am seeing that the load mask does not disappear (even after commenting out the checkbox selection model line) - do you see the same?

Hi Ed,

Confirmed, I'm seeing the same problem with the Load Mask.

Best
MrSparks

tiger.seo
28 Jul 2011, 2:45 PM
You need a valid Sencha support subscription to get 4.0.x builds. The next Public release is 4.1.0
It's not fair. And with such politic i do not see reason to post bugs where i have solution, and ExtJS4 is veeeryyy buggy.

edspencer
28 Jul 2011, 5:19 PM
It's not fair. And with such politic i do not see reason to post bugs where i have solution, and ExtJS4 is veeeryyy buggy.

I joined the company long after this policy was set in place but the way I see it is we sell a one-of-a-kind product for a relatively small amount of money. Sometimes even that is too much money so we have a second, far cheaper version of that product which costs a lot less in exchange for less frequent releases.

It's not perfect but I think this approach opens the product up to lots more people than would otherwise be able to use it. If you have suggestions on how to make this better I'm open to them (but I don't set these policies myself)

JanVenekamp
28 Jul 2011, 8:18 PM
I have to agree with tiger.seo. I think the policy is a very bad one.

It's not fair that (non subscribing) users who contribute by providing solutions to bugs don't get access to the updates. They thus spent time on bugs that may already have been fixed. Also because these users don't have access to the updates they can't provide solutions for bugs in the updates, thus decreasing the change on a workaround for a bug in the newest release found on the forum.

In effect this policy has a negative effect (especially for the very buggy 4.0 release) for both non subscribers as well subscribers.

ext-spring-mvc
29 Jul 2011, 6:31 AM
is this a browser specific bug? did you test it in IE8/FF?

tiger.seo
29 Jul 2011, 8:51 AM
Ed, hi!
Not sure at 100%, but Google is paying for users who found security bug in their browser.
Your company can provide something like this. I mean, if user report bug (not only security), and it is not a duplicate and is confirmed by developers, than this user will gain right to receive next release of ExtJS (gpl license). Your company will have only benefits from such politic! ;) Think about it!

NelsonN
4 Aug 2011, 1:21 PM
I have the same problem, how I can access this fix?

edspencer
4 Aug 2011, 7:05 PM
I have the same problem, how I can access this fix?

You can download all of the support subscriber releases via the support portal (http://support.extjs.com)

MrSparks
4 Aug 2011, 10:25 PM
You can download all of the support subscriber releases via the support portal (http://support.extjs.com)

@Ed, the only subscriber release I can see if 4.0.5, which is what caused this issue. Is 4.0.6 available somewhere?

olivierpons
5 Aug 2011, 12:20 PM
Ed, you asked for a suggestion, so here's one: if someone finds a bug, spends time reporting it and helps you to correct it, he/she deserves to the least to get the corrected version. For example, if MrSparks weren't a Premium member, he should have gained access to the 4.0.5 release. How about that?

edspencer
5 Aug 2011, 12:44 PM
Ed, you asked for a suggestion, so here's one: if someone finds a bug, spends time reporting it and helps you to correct it, he/she deserves to the least to get the corrected version. For example, if MrSparks weren't a Premium member, he should have gained access to the 4.0.5 release. How about that?

Sounds sensible to me. Will discuss it internally

johnnywengluu
11 Aug 2011, 5:11 PM
The more users who are finding bugs the better the product will be.

In either way they aren't paying, but in the latter case, Sencha gain user contributions and the product will be less buggy and appreciated by customers.

It's a win-win situation.

interconcept
15 Aug 2011, 5:07 AM
It's more than a week, since the solution is there somewhere. Can we have it (at least in the support area)?

And I think also, you would have more to win, with another policy (regardless we have bought also the support).

MrSparks
15 Aug 2011, 5:20 AM
I think 4.0.6 is being released this week :)

edspencer
15 Aug 2011, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=MrSparks;637311]I think 4.0.6 is being released this week :)
[/QUOTE

Yes, aiming for the middle of the week assuming final QA has no surprises

dpatten69
22 Aug 2011, 3:01 PM
Any updates on 4.0.6 release to solve these issues?

edspencer
26 Aug 2011, 11:02 AM
Hey sorry for the bad estimates on 4.0.6 release date, we're still addressing edge cases in the grid. These issues won't affect most people (the main problem is that horizontal scroll bars are initially rendered when using an autoHeighted grid where the columns are wider than the available space) so if you'd like access to our internal RC build for 4.0.6 just drop me a PM and I'll make it happen

MrSparks
26 Aug 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Ed, I can wait for the official release of 4.0.6 but if you want some feedback on the RC I'm more than happy to help out.

Thanks for the update :)

Best
MrSparks

edspencer
26 Aug 2011, 1:46 PM
Ok sent

dpatten69
29 Aug 2011, 9:27 AM
I will gladly do some testing with 4.0.6.

I'm in the process of building some demos on bugs we are experiencing with 4.0.5 to send to support.

MrSparks
30 Aug 2011, 10:22 PM
Confirmed Fixed under 4.0.6 Release Build

Thank you Sencha Dev ! :)

edspencer
30 Aug 2011, 10:59 PM
You're welcome ;)