PDA

View Full Version : IE9: Viewport is displaced when Ext.window.Window is moved out

dherbolt
1 Aug 2011, 10:43 PM
REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:

Ext 4.0.5

Browser versions tested against:

IE9

Description:

If dialog is moved partially out of the browser's window, viewport is moved in opposite direction.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Run example
Move displayed window to right or bottom so that only part of window is visible.

The result that was expected:

When mouse button is release (after drag), window stays in its position (only part is visible).

The result that occurs instead:

Page is moved in opposite direction, window is fully visible and part of viewport is out of the browser.

Test Case:

Ext.onReady(function () {
var k_win = Ext.create('Ext.window.Window', {
title: 'Window',
width: 300,
height: 270,
fbar: {
items: ['->', {text: 'Close'}]
}
});

Ext.create('Ext.container.Viewport', {
layout: 'fit',
items: {
xtype: 'panel',
title: 'Panel'
}
});
k_win.show();
});

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot or Video:

Additional CSS used:

only default ext-all.css

Operating System:

Win7

ivanatora
14 Dec 2012, 6:03 AM
It happens to me, too, in Ext 4.1.
It works as intended in IE7, then breaks in IE8 and IE9 (using IE9's Browser mode to test).
Any solution for this?

Animal
16 Dec 2012, 11:38 AM
Configure the window with constrain: true

y-ledean
24 May 2013, 3:57 AM
With ExtJS 4.2 this bug still occurs in IE9 and also in IE8.

Can we expect a fix for this ? constrain:true is not a valid fix for our usage case.

dcohn
26 Aug 2013, 10:20 AM
Configure the window with constrain: true

This seems like an incomplete solution. I don't want to constrain the window to the viewport, i just want it to be able to be half in view and half out. Is there a real fix?

Daniil
9 Sep 2013, 8:27 PM
+1 to: constrain: true is not always appropriate as a solution.

I can confirm that the issue is still reproducible with 4.2.1 GA in IE9 and it is not reproducible in FireFox and Chrome. So, it definitely looks a bug.

@Animal, is there any chance to open a ticket on that?

Daniil
16 Sep 2013, 9:27 PM
Just a regular bump.

Daniil
24 Sep 2013, 9:19 PM
Another bump. I would like to avoid re-reporting this issue since this thread looks good enough to address it.

flek
28 Nov 2013, 3:42 AM
Hi!

I'm using ExtJS 4.2.1.883, and I tried setting "constrain: true" around every window with an override like this:

Ext.override(Ext.window.Window, {
constrain: true
});

but the viewport still gets displaced when I close the window (with "closeAction: hide"), although each window is now constrained. Any developments in the meantime?