PDA

View Full Version : Is Sencha reading this forum?

Powderhound
11 Aug 2011, 6:11 AM
Hi,

According to the "Posting to the bug forum" sticky:

PENDING: Any issue that has not been reviewed by a developer. Posts should not stay in this status for longer than 2 business days. If you have a post in this status for longer than 2 business days, feel free to *bump* it and bring it to our attention.

Well, I posted two bugs over a week ago, and they still haven't even got a PENDING status yet. In fact, I posted bug fixes to them a week ago. I have noticed that this is a very common situation, even going back weeks in the forum.

Sencha, you're getting the benefit of free development work (in my case alone about a man-week of work). I'm sure that everyone would be grateful if you could acknowledge that you have received these reports and will eventually check them, with an aim to getting them into a future release.

It's disheartening to send bug fixes into a black hole, especially when one's business depends upon them. I know that you are busy, but this is free work, and it really takes very little time to log it. It may even save you a lot of time, trying to fix something that we've already done for you...

If you can't keep up with this by hand, then I would suggest implementing a publicly accessible bug tracking system to automatically log bugs, so that none slip through the gaps. Work smarter, not harder...

Here are the threads in question:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?142369-Draggable-revert-false-prevents-intersections-working

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?142752-Draggable-revert-fails-when-gt-1-Droppable-in-same-group

Thanks for listening.

realjax
15 Aug 2011, 1:46 AM
Hear hear.

Well, I guess that me being the first to reply to this post after 4 days says it all...

There seems to be no point in entering issues anymore. The whole of Sencha is too busy with [fill in the name of any other Sencha product released in the last x months] to even review Touch bug reports.

There where some vague references to an upcoming Sencha Touch release somewhere this summer, but if that is so then why do so many bugreports go unanswered? It doesn't rhyme..

Powderhound
15 Aug 2011, 4:55 AM
If the lack of focus on bugs this time was to get Charts released, well then I can confirm that after some testing (by me), these two bug fixes appear to also work with the Sencha Touch library released with v1.0.0 of the Charts package.

Hopefully the next release will include all of the community's bug fixes and save everyone unnecessary work.