PDA

View Full Version : Half of InActive card still visible in landscape ornt - Simple Kitchen sink example

Pete5678
15 Aug 2011, 1:14 PM
Sencha Touch version tested:

only default ext-all.css
Kitchen Sink Example used for illustration

Platform tested against:

iPod Touch iOS 4.3.3
Safari

Description:
The basic issue seems to be if you switch to a new active card before the current active card has a chance to fully get drawn on the display in portrait orientation it will cause an the original card to cover some of the current card (as shown in the picture above) ONLY when you switch to landscape orientation.

If you then go back to portrait mode and go back to the original card it will also only display half of the card until you rotate to landscape and then back to portrait (as seen in second picture below). For the Kitchen sink example I have to switch back and forth fast to have it happen - but for more complex cards that take a second to fully render it can happen fairly often and easily.

Test Case:
I bring up the regular kitchen sink example on your web site on my iPod Touch in Safari (in Portrait Orientation). I pick the "User Interface" list item. I then pick the "Forms" menu list item. I select the Toolbars tab. All of the above does not depend on speed.

Now to show the problem pretty much every time the next steps have to be done in rapid succession.
Pick the sliders tab
Pick the Basic tab
Pick the Sliders tab
Pick the Toolbars tab
Pick the Back button

Basically just go back and forth picking all the tabs as fast as you can and pick the Back button also as fast as you can after picking the Toolbar tab again. The whole idea is not to let the Toolbar card fully render before picking the back button.

Now just turn the iPod touch to landscape and you will see half the Toolbars card blocking the right 1/3 of the display as the picture shows. If you then go back to Portrait mode and pick the "Forms" item again you will see only the top half of the Form rendered (any Tab - pic below) until you rotate the iPod touch to fix it.

I understand you might say - well just don't pick the buttons so fast. But my real world example with cards that take a little longer to fully render the same problem can happen very regularly and won;t fix itself until you find the proper card to go back to and rotate on the original card.

27492Thanks,
Pete