PDA

View Full Version : UTF-8 GERMAN Encoding (grid vs property gid texfield)

Jack_S
18 Aug 2011, 2:04 PM
Hello All,

I'm stuck scratch my head over UTF-8 encoding. Everything is saved property in the database and the json return string is correct as well.

I was doing some testing with German text and noticed something which I don't know how to fix or approach.

I have a grid panel. The address shows the correct German character, but the property grid does not.

Here is an example:

=================
Grid Column shows :' BHauptstra Straße'
Property Grid shows: Hauptstra\u00DFe'

Can anybody offer some assistance.

/J

Jack_S
19 Aug 2011, 2:34 PM
Hello All,

Not support in 3.x? Any clues?

Thanks

/J

Uberdude
22 Aug 2011, 8:16 AM
Yes it is supported, I can display an ß in both a normal grid and a property grid, so it seems you are doing something wrong. But without further details (code samples, details of server responses with the character data and what encoding that is in plus content type headers etc.) it's hard to know what has gone wrong where. Just to clear up some potential confusion, strings in Javascript are encoded in UCS-2, not UTF-8. You can of course use UTF-8 when transporting data from server to client and vice versa (and in fact I would recommend to do so, as UCS-2 is limited to the Basic Multilingual Pane, and wastes 2 bytes for normal letters where 1 byte suffices).