PDA

View Full Version : Ext.tux.EditableList - Improved list component.

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 2:48 AM
Hi guys,
after some time away from the forum I wanna share with you a new Sencha Touch component I developed in few hours. This will be released for free on github in a couple of days, I just need the time to fight with my flu and some component little bugs :).
The component name is "EditableList" and it is an improvement of standard Ext.List component.
The component will be released with full .scss file to allow you to customize, icons and styles of the component.

However, by now, I don't want spend to much time talking about it, but I prefer to show you something, so I attach a demo movie of the component in action.
I will write soon again on this post when I will release the component and a working demo app on github.

As always, any feedback or suggestions is appreciated.
Cheers.

Update 26/08/2011:

Finally released the first beta version of the component (v.0.8.4).
You can download it from github at the url

https://github.com/AndreaCammarata/Ext.tux.EditableList
(https://github.com/AndreaCammarata/Ext.tux.EditableList)
The package contains three different examples to show you how the component works.
You can even see these examples live at these urls:

Single Delete
(http://mobile.andreacammarata.com/tux/Ext.tux.EditableList/examples/single_delete/)Multi Delete
(http://mobile.andreacammarata.com/tux/Ext.tux.EditableList/examples/multi_delete/)Delete animations Picker
(http://mobile.andreacammarata.com/tux/Ext.tux.EditableList/examples/delete_animations/)
There are still some bugs and limitations to take care of, but I hope to fix them in the next days, in the meantime, I hope you will appreciate this beta version ;).

The component is well documentated with comments, however, I'm going to write a small tutorial on how to use it.

As always, any feedback is really appreciated ;)

Update 26/08/2011:
Released v. 0.8.5 with important bugs fix.

Update 29/08/2011:
Rewriting a big part of code that will improve a lot, the component response and animations speed in case of list with a lot of elements on iOS and Android devices. I hope to release this new version this evening.

Update 04/09/2011:
Released v. 0.8.6.

Single Delete Mode

http://vimeo.com/28050972

Multi Delete Mode

http://www.vimeo.com/28064833

Delete Animations and itemEditTpl

http://www.vimeo.com/28154694

SimonFlack
23 Aug 2011, 5:08 AM
Looks very cool!!!

Great work man.

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 5:21 AM
Looks very cool!!!

Great work man.

Hey Simon.
Thank you for your feedback! ;)

mitchellsimoens
23 Aug 2011, 6:39 AM
That is pretty sweet!

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 6:47 AM
That is pretty sweet!

Thank you Mitchell ;)

tomalex0
23 Aug 2011, 8:11 AM
Thats very nice demo and great component. I have tried to do something similar to that you have done . I think you are inspired from Database Settings Screen from ios.

I just got busy and coudn't able to work on it much . Now i think i don't have to :).

Here is what i have tried to do
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?118689-List-Item-Delete-similar-to-Database-Settings-in-Iphone-and-Ipad-(Safari)

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 8:40 AM
Thats very nice demo and great component. I have tried to do something similar to that you have done . I think you are inspired from Database Settings Screen from ios.

I just got busy and coudn't able to work on it much . Now i think i don't have to :).

Here is what i have tried to do
http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?118689-List-Item-Delete-similar-to-Database-Settings-in-Iphone-and-Ipad-(Safari)

Hey tomalex.
Thank you for your feedback.
I took a look at what you done and it's good too.
Yeah I understand you when you say you got busy and you had not much time to work, that's the same for me. Fortuntely / Unfortunately I'm at home with 39 degree fever, so I had some free time to work on something new ;)

I just finished to develop a new "multiDelete" feature to it, so I will post a new video as soon Vimeo will finish to convert it ;).

This new feature will be very useful.

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 9:06 AM
I just finished to develop a new "multiDelete" feature to it, so I will post a new video as soon Vimeo will finish to convert it ;).

Ok, as promise I added a new video that show how the component works in Multi Delete Mode.
To choose beetween the two kind of list, you will only have to set the "multiDelete" config param to true or false.

tomalex0
23 Aug 2011, 10:00 AM
Does this have the grouped property ?
How it will work while we are reordering.?

mike.estes
23 Aug 2011, 2:15 PM
looks really good!

kortovos
23 Aug 2011, 10:15 PM
Looks very nice. Am waiting with barely contained enthusiasm.

AndreaCammarata
23 Aug 2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks mikes.estes and kortosov ;)

AndreaCammarata
24 Aug 2011, 2:06 AM
Does this have the grouped property ?
How it will work while we are reordering.?

At the moment the component doesn't provide a grouped property, but I'm thinking a good way to handle it.
Any suggestions?

steve1964
24 Aug 2011, 3:53 PM
The standard iOS editable list, great!
Ottimo lavoro Andrea...

AndreaCammarata
24 Aug 2011, 3:58 PM
The standard iOS editable list, great!
Ottimo lavoro Andrea...

Grazie steve! ;)

tomalex0
24 Aug 2011, 9:01 PM
At the moment the component doesn't provide a grouped property, but I'm thinking a good way to handle it.
Any suggestions?

I think as you have extended list component it will not be much hard for you to implement grouped feature :).

However regarding reordering, it will be cool provide feature to limit reordering of items in group itself and also similar to that you have done.

tomalex0
24 Aug 2011, 9:03 PM
Also for grouped view, how about making it working like accordion menu :)

AndreaCammarata
25 Aug 2011, 12:33 AM
However regarding reordering, it will be cool provide feature to limit reordering of items in group itself and also similar to that you have done.

Yeah that's what I though to develop, but I think I will develop this feature in the next version of the component.
Thank you for your suggestion tomalex!

Here is the list on what I'm working right now before the first release:

Rewritten a big part of the code to speed up the component, and now it is really fast! (almost 80% faster!!).
Added the delete animation on the marked elements. In this way before the list delete the store records, it will apply an animation class that slide and fade them out. Now it looks really great ;)
Added a config option that allow you to choose if elements inside the list should be sorted or not.
Adding a config option that allows you to choose the delete animation choosing between 3 different animations. You will be able to add your custom animation simply by modify this param and the sass file.
Fixing some little bugs.
If anyone has a request I'm open to valutate it :).

Also for grouped view, how about making it working like accordion menu :)

Do you mean to collapse all the group if the group header will be tap?

tomalex0
25 Aug 2011, 12:51 AM
Do you mean to collapse all the group if the group header will be tap?

Exactly

SimonFlack
25 Aug 2011, 12:51 AM
Sounds great man... I am really looking forward to testing it out.

AndreaCammarata
25 Aug 2011, 1:00 AM
Exactly
That's not a bad idea..I have put it in the TODO list :)

Sounds great man... I am really looking forward to testing it out.
Thank you Simon. I really hope to release it in these days.

AndreaCammarata
25 Aug 2011, 2:58 AM
I can not stop to implement new features, so I decided to implement a new config options that will allow you to provide an itemEditTpl.
Setting this new config param, when you start to edit the list, all the list items will be replaced with the new provided itemEditTpl html. So you have the opportunity to render the list elements in a different way if the list is in normal or edit mode ;).
I will post a new video this afternoon.

AndreaCammarata
25 Aug 2011, 7:38 AM
Ok guys, as I provise I posted a new video that show you how the delete animations and the editItemTpl config param works.
Actually you can choose from three different delete animations:

SlideOut
Explosion
BlackHole
but as already said you will be able to add your own editing the sass file and the deleteAnimationCls config param.

In this video you will even see how the itemEditTpl works:
If specified, the list will apply this XTemplate to all the list elements before to enter in edit mode.
This will give you more options to customize the component.
I even made the list items flexibles. In this way even if you resize the browser page or change the device orientation the layout will be not broken.

This video is attached to the first post of this Thread.
Hope you appreciate it.

PS: The sample application showed in the video will be release on github as well.

AndreaCammarata
26 Aug 2011, 4:19 AM
Hi guys.
I've finally release a first beta version of the component (v.0.8.4).
You will find more informations about it in the first post of this Thread.

Looking forward for your feedbacks ;)
Hope this helps.

trinitrotoluen
26 Aug 2011, 6:19 PM
wow looks good man. nice work :)
I'm planning to use single delete mode from your code to my app. But I want my app save the last position changes on the list, I'm thinking to save my json store to localStorage and then update the position index into localStorage so that when the browser refresh/reload it will display the last changes. Any suggest ?

AndreaCammarata
29 Aug 2011, 1:31 AM
wow looks good man. nice work :)
I'm planning to use single delete mode from your code to my app. But I want my app save the last position changes on the list, I'm thinking to save my json store to localStorage and then update the position index into localStorage so that when the browser refresh/reload it will display the last changes. Any suggest ?

Hey, thank you for your feedback ;).
I'm going to write a new example that will show you how to do that.

clabasky
13 Sep 2011, 2:06 PM
works great, looks awesome!! I'm loving the plugins you're coming up with!

now if i could only figure out how to put your editable list into my app:-/

AndreaCammarata
13 Sep 2011, 2:09 PM
works great, looks awesome!! I'm loving the plugins you're coming up with!

now if i could only figure out how to put your editable list into my app:-/

Hi clabaski.
Thank you for your feedback :).
Did you take a look at the examples?
If there is something that is no clear just write me and I will give you a hand.

clabasky
13 Sep 2011, 6:04 PM
I'm new to Sencha Touch (3 weeks, no prior programming experience) I'm very lost...:-/

AndreaCammarata
18 Sep 2011, 11:51 PM
I'm new to Sencha Touch (3 weeks, no prior programming experience) I'm very lost...:-/

uhmm...then I suggest you to deal first with stable Sencha Touch components to get started! ;)

bastard
12 Oct 2011, 8:00 PM
uhmm...then I suggest you to deal first with stable Sencha Touch components to get started! ;)

Really cool stuff Andrea! Are you going to covert this to Sencha Touch 2?

AndreaCammarata
12 Oct 2011, 11:04 PM
Really cool stuff Andrea! Are you going to covert this to Sencha Touch 2?

Thank you for your feedback bastard ;).
Sure! I will recode this component to even support Touch 2.0 in the next weeks.

bastard
14 Oct 2011, 8:20 PM
Andreas,

I am trying to use your single delete component. I'm not sure what to do with the resources/sass/editablelist.scss file. Should I be copying it's contents into my application.scss file and compile it? I'm ok with Javascript but no clue with what to do with Ruby/SASS.

BTW, are you aware the readme file is empty in github?

mildtee
3 Nov 2011, 8:44 AM
Could you please, (when you find time) put the css styles needed by this component into a separate css file. This wei it is much easier to add it/remove it from the project. I tried merging your css with mine without much success. Something is always wrong. Perhaps I should learn sass, but I really do not have time right now.
If anybody in this forum can help me to add this to my project, without messing up other stuff, I would be very thankful.

Thanks again.

AndreaCammarata
3 Nov 2011, 8:51 AM
Hi mildtee.
I already included in the github package the SASS file.
You have to include that in your application theme and compile your CSS using SASS and COMPASS and everything will be fine ;)

Hope this helps.

mildtee
3 Nov 2011, 9:04 AM
I am really thankful for your project, especially for the fact that you are sharing it online and even more for the fact that you are replying to posts in this forum.
The problem that I'm having is: I'm programming for a while. In regards to Sencha I'm OK with js and css, but sass and Sencha teming is out of my league. I do not even have my theme in the app yet, just using defaults.
I tried to implement another plugin in my app and that worked out well because all the related css was in one file that I just additionaly included into my app. Related JS was also in one file.
So my app already has the default Secha css file, and it all looks good. I would like to add your plugin related css into an extra file and include it in my project.
You beeing a perfectionist is the actual problem (joking). I wish I had enough time to figure out the Secha Theming and SASS but until then I need to feed my app smaller portions of the code.
Please forgive me if I'm asking for too much. Hope you understand my pain. Perhaps you may point me to the right direction.

Thanks

AndreaCammarata
4 Nov 2011, 2:41 AM
Hi mildtee.
I know what you mean, but I really suggest you to take a double of hours (it doesn't take you more), to understand how SASS and COMPASS works.
It will save you a looot of time in your future Sencha app or even on developing a new website.
Take a deep look at this great tutorial written by David Kaneda on how style your app.

http://www.sencha.com/blog/an-introduction-to-theming-sencha-touch/
(http://www.sencha.com/blog/an-introduction-to-theming-sencha-touch/)
Or these videos:
http://vimeo.com/18084338
http://vimeo.com/17879651

You will not regret.

Hope this helps.

todos27
2 Dec 2011, 6:56 AM
Hi Andrea, great work, the editable list looks very good.

I want to use the editable list component on a project, but I don't know how to add it. I been looking around about how to add a plugin or a component to a sencha-touch project, but I haven't found any info. I watch the two videos you mentioned previously and read the blog post, but they talk about compiling css files with compass and sass.

For what I have read and understand, I need to compile with compass the sencha touch css file together with the editable-list.scss file. What about the Ext.tux.EditableList.js? Do I need to add the file to the folder where I have my sencha-touch.js and include it on my index.html, then use the app.js list implementation you have on my own listImplementation.js file? I will give it a try and see if that is how it should be done. If you have any suggestions, they are always welcome.

Have a nice weekend.

AndreaCammarata
5 Dec 2011, 1:21 AM
Hi todo.
Thank you for your feedback.
To use this component you have to include the "Ext.tux.EditableList.js" file inside your html page, just like you do with Sencha framework.
If you download the full package from github there are also included some examples that show you how to use it.

About the styles:
Yes, you have to compile your theme including the new "editable-list.scss" sass files.

If you need more additional info, don't hesitate to ask.

egor4eg
5 Dec 2011, 4:42 AM
Hi Andrea. Great job!
Does this plugin work on iPhone through PhoneGap? (I have a problem with it)

[UPDATED]

There was a bug. I fixed it as well as other 2 bugs. I will provide information about them on this week.

AndreaCammarata
5 Dec 2011, 6:33 AM
Hi Andrea. Great job!
Does this plugin work on iPhone through PhoneGap? (I have a problem with it)

[UPDATED]

There was a bug. I fixed it as well as other 2 bugs. I will provide information about them on this week.

Hi.
Sure it also works using PhoneGap, in fact I already used it in three different applications.
However, keep in mind that this component is still in beta and I'm not working on it from a long time.
If you got any issue, just post them and I'll fix them.

egor4eg
7 Dec 2011, 10:35 AM
Hi Andrea,

I had 3 issues during the usage of the component in my application. I made hotfixes in your code and uploaded it to http://jsfiddle.net/PYv3D/. By the way, I'm new in sencha, so the issues might be by my mistakes.

this.eventsList = new Ext.tux.EditableList({
store: this.eventsStore,
cls: 'eventslist',
grouped: true,
emptyText: '<div style="margin:5px;">No events cached.</div>',
onItemDisclosure: true,
itemTpl: new Ext.XTemplate("<section>",
"<div class='event'>",
"<span>{name}</span>",
"<span>{time}</span>",
"</div>",
"<footer><p>{[this.formatDescription(values.description)]}</p></footer>",
"</section>", {
formatDescription: function (description) {
//TODO: calculate length by screen resolution
var formatted = description;
if (description.length > 28) {
formatted = description.substring(0, 28) + '...';
}
return formatted;
}
}),
});

See issues below:
1). grouped: true didn't work. - The problem was on the line #173. Some variables used by this method are defined only after onRender event and this caused an error. I just commented this line.
2). As far as you can see I specified itemTpl by Ext.XTemplate object. - I added a logic to support Ext.XTemplate on the line #143
3). The component didn't work through phonegape. - The problem was on the line #82. I changed console.info to console.log.

Thanks

bastard
8 Dec 2011, 1:29 PM
Andrea,

Great work the list as mentioned earlier. But recently, I found a bug and recorded it:
http://youtu.be/qbETJrTcDqM?hd=1

It only seems to happen if you act fast. I am using latest version of Chrome...

Thoughts?

AndreaCammarata
9 Dec 2011, 7:49 AM
Andrea,

Great work the list as mentioned earlier. But recently, I found a bug and recorded it:
http://youtu.be/qbETJrTcDqM?hd=1

It only seems to happen if you act fast. I am using latest version of Chrome...

Thoughts?

Thank you for your video.
That is clearly a bug, so I should find the time to fix it as soon as possible ;)
I'll let you know when it will be ok.

Thank you again.

bastard
12 Dec 2011, 11:59 AM
Anyone know how to include the _editable-list.scss file in your program to get this plugin to work?

Andreas mentioned in a previous post that one need to compile the _editable-list.scss in order to get the plugin working. How does one do that?

I tried adding this line into my config.rb hoping it would load/compile the _editable-list.scss when I run "compass compile" on my application.scss

load File.join(sass_path, '..', '..', 'lib', 'plugins', 'Ext.tux.EditableList', 'resources', 'sass')

But I get this error when I attempt to compile my application.scss:

error application.scss (Line 20: Undefined mixin 'sencha-tux-editablelist'.)

So far my config.rb looks like this:

# Delineate the directory for our SASS/SCSS files (this directory)
sass_path = File.dirname(__FILE__)

# Delineate the CSS directory (under resources/css in this demo)
css_path = File.join(sass_path, "..", "css")

# Delinate the images directory
images_dir = File.join("..", "images")

# Load Andrea's EditableList
load File.join(sass_path, '..', '..', 'lib', 'plugins', 'Ext.tux.EditableList', 'resources', 'sass')

# Load the sencha-touch framework
load File.join(sass_path, '..', '..', 'lib', 'sencha-touch-1.1.0', 'resources', 'themes')

# Specify the output style/environment
output_style = :expanded
environment = :development

My application.scss looks like this:

$base-color: #696969;

@import 'sencha-touch/default/all';
@include sencha-panel;
@include sencha-buttons;
@include sencha-sheet;
@include sencha-picker;
@include sencha-tabs;
@include sencha-toolbar;
@include sencha-toolbar-forms;
@include sencha-carousel;
@include sencha-indexbar;
@include sencha-list;
@include sencha-list-paging;
@include sencha-list-pullrefresh;
@include sencha-layout;
@include sencha-form;
@include sencha-msgbox;
@include sencha-loading-spinner;
@include sencha-tux-editablelist; // <------- ERROR HERE

mvoss
20 Dec 2011, 1:04 PM
Hi,

first of all awesome work! One of the best ST plugins I have seen! :) I am definetely going to use this in my project. However I have two questions/feature requests:

1) It would be nice to have a way to configure if records in the list should be deletable. Maybe by a entry on the record, or even with a custom javascript function. Some entries in my list the user should not be able to delete, and some the user can delete.

2) It would be nice to have some of the items in the list not to move out of the way when sorting. They should instead be droptargets. This would be nice for kind of a document tree with folders and files. One could then drop files onto folders while still being able to reoder files and folders.

This might already be possible, but I have read this thread and the initOptions of the component but not found a way to do this. Is this already possible, if not do you have any plans of adding this?

Regards,
Markus

fatbuddha
3 Jan 2012, 5:47 PM
This is a really great piece of work, that should help out a lot of people. Thanks for sharing it.

One slight snag that I've hit, is that I'm trying to use Sencha 2.0, and after spending an hour attempting to port it I've come to the conclusion that I don't understand Sencha well enough to make it work. :(

It would be great if you could make the changes necessary to make it compatible with Sencha 2.0 (I think that 2.0 is stable enough now, but you are probably in a better position to judge), otherwise I might try changing my code to using Sencha 1.x.

Either way, thanks again. :)

Rob

AndreaCammarata
9 Jan 2012, 2:17 AM
Thank you for your feedback Rob :).
As I said, I will port this extension to Sencha Touch 2 when the first stable version will be released.
At the moment Sencha Touch 2 is stable enough but you know, i think the dev team will release some new features that will also let this component works better and faster.
For this reason I'm waiting that everything will be released to let me better evaluate what is the best way to develop it.

I Hope you understand my position ;)

fatbuddha
9 Jan 2012, 3:58 AM
That makes sense. I've come to realise that it is probably too early to adopt 2.0 for near-term projects, so I am happy to stick with 1.x for now, and look forward to when 2.0 is ready.

AndreaCammarata
9 Jan 2012, 6:04 AM
That makes sense. I've come to realise that it is probably too early to adopt 2.0 for near-term projects, so I am happy to stick with 1.x for now, and look forward to when 2.0 is ready.

That's not really true. If I had to start a new Sencha Touch project today, I'd going for sure on ST2.
It is pretty mature now and the dev team have developed some great improvements that brings Sencha Touch to the next level. Also for what concert custom components development it is already a step forward, but the problem is that I'm a perfectionist, so I prefer to wait and study the framework at best when it will be complete to pick the right development direction and provide a reliable component ;)

rwheadon
14 Feb 2012, 8:47 AM
This extension is just what I wanted and yet I am not fluent enough to know where to start wrapping my own.

Thanks, I owe you a coffee!

rich

AndreaCammarata
14 Feb 2012, 8:50 AM
You are welcome Rich ;)

kerpeep
23 Feb 2012, 11:20 PM
Andrea, there now a release candidate of Sencha Touch 2 out. Is it finally time to port your beautiful code?

SkyWitit
8 Mar 2012, 5:01 PM
So when are you gonna port it to Touch 2.0 because I tried hard all day but couldnt done yet : )

AndreaCammarata
9 Mar 2012, 1:47 PM
You are right guys!
Also thank you for all your feedbacks.

I will develop it again from sketch to support all those great Sencha Touch 2 features and I already have some nice ideas in mind to make it much faster!

Hope to give you more updates soon!

todos27
21 Mar 2012, 3:48 AM
Hi Andrea, on the Sencha Market is mentioned Sencha Touch 2.X on your Editable List Extension.

http://market.sencha.com/addon/ext.tux.editablelist-2

S (http://market.sencha.com/addon/ext.tux.editablelist-2)hould it work with ST2 already? Look forward to it :) cause I haven't been able to implement mine yet.

Cheers

abcd_ca
3 May 2012, 11:32 AM
Hi Andrea, I need your great component for Sencha Touch 2 as well. Are you expecting to release the ST2 version soon? Are you actively working on it? If not, I might just fork it and have a go myself but don't want to waste the time if you're almost done. Thanks!

robertocarvajal
14 Jun 2012, 7:44 AM
I'm on the same boat! heh I need this component in ST2, I would love to help out porting it but don't want to double the effort if it's near done, can we have an update on the status of the port of this great component of yours please?, it's really the best one out there!

coolfish
31 Aug 2012, 3:52 AM
Any word on this plugin? The functionality in this is basic required stuff for list components, but it still hasn't shown up in Sencha Touch 2.. !

mitchellsimoens
31 Aug 2012, 4:37 AM
This functionality won't be part of 2.1

coolfish
31 Aug 2012, 4:40 AM
Hey Mitchell thanks for the update. Any idea when we might be able to see it? I'm writing a pretty large app and the sort/edit of lists is a huge thing for me. I'm new with ST and the more that I can get prerolled the faster I can get things going!

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
31 Aug 2012, 4:54 AM
There are no plans on when or if for editable lists built into the framework.

coolfish
31 Aug 2012, 5:31 AM
Mitchell, I'm disappointed to hear that. Is there a technical reason for this or is this just something that doesn't have the demand in your view to warrant the resources?

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
31 Aug 2012, 5:52 AM
The framework shouldn't have every feature under the sun in it, community extensions (like this was for ST1) is a major thing the framework has to allow and support. Just like I think a grid is a required component to have but it wasn't implemented so I created it myself for both ST1 and ST2 (and now I am known as the ST grid guy)

coolfish
31 Aug 2012, 5:59 AM
Mitchell I absolutely agree with that - however your engineer did state a few times that he was going to port this plugin to ST2, and then nothing. Were he not working for Sencha I'd understand, but he is and he did make a statement that he was porting it over. I was hoping to hear a follow up from him as to why he wasn't able to port it over, or if he's still working on it.

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
31 Aug 2012, 6:04 AM
There was no guarantee that it would be ported over and put into the library. This is still a community extension and therefor he can port it over at his will.

AndreaCammarata
31 Aug 2012, 12:08 PM
Mitchell I absolutely agree with that - however your engineer did state a few times that he was going to port this plugin to ST2, and then nothing. Were he not working for Sencha I'd understand, but he is and he did make a statement that he was porting it over. I was hoping to hear a follow up from him as to why he wasn't able to port it over, or if he's still working on it.

Thanks

As Mitchell correctly said, this is a community extension and is not related (in any way) with Sencha work. For this reason, porting this extension, would require me to find some extra free time to work on that, and, as I'm sure you can understand, this should be done for free.
However, help the community is something I always really cared about so this is something that is in my todo list from a long time.
If you are familiar with Sencha Touch, port this extension would require you really small time, so I'm sure you are asking yourself: Why you still not did that?
So here's your answer: this extension should not be only ported but completely rewritten considering all the amazing new features Sencha Touch 2 introduced, like, for instance, Dataview Components.
For this reason, I'm sorry, but you have to wait I will have free time enough to work on that, otherwise, you could start to think to help the community too working on that, and, share obviously for free the result, to all of us.

Thank you

abcd_ca
31 Aug 2012, 1:53 PM
Hi Andrea I could have sworn you sent me a rough version of your ST2 version or offered to but I was travelling and now I can't find that email. Do you recall that correspondence? If you do have a rough version I'd be interested in trying it out.

Cheers,

Andrew

AndreaCammarata
31 Aug 2012, 2:26 PM
Hi Andrea I could have sworn you sent me a rough version of your ST2 version or offered to but I was travelling and now I can't find that email. Do you recall that correspondence? If you do have a rough version I'd be interested in trying it out.

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm really sorry but, to be honest, I don't know what are you talking about...
I've never sent to anyone a version of this plugin compatible with ST2..
You are probably making confusion with someone else, because I currently have not neither a rough version of that.

However, when I'll develop this, you will probably be able to find that inside the Sencha Market under commercial license.

Cheers,
Andrea

abcd_ca
31 Aug 2012, 2:57 PM
I'm really sorry but, to be honest, I don't know what are you talking about...
I've never sent to anyone a version of this plugin compatible with ST2..
You are probably making confusion with someone else, because I currently have not neither a rough version of that.

However, when I'll develop this, you will probably be able to find that inside the Sencha Market under commercial license.

Cheers,
Andrea

OK thanks haha. I will stop looking for it then :))

martyntje
7 Sep 2012, 6:52 AM
Very nice plugin Andrew!
I'm trying to get it work in an MVC setup. Therefore I added the following code in the launch function in my app.js (but i'm not sure if this is the right approach):

Ext.Loader.setConfig({
enabled : true,
paths : {
'Ext.tux.EditableList': '../EditableList/js/Ext.tux.EditableList.js'
}
});

Ext.require('Ext.tux.EditableList');

At least so far I doesn't give me any errors. But next, when I try to use the editablelist it sais:
Uncaught Error: [Ext.createByAlias] Cannot create an instance of unrecognized alias: widget.editablelist

Can anyone perhaps help me out on this one? Thanx in advance!

mitchellsimoens
7 Sep 2012, 7:22 AM
@martyntje, His name is Andrea now Andrew :) This will only work with Sencha Touch 1 NOT Sencha Touch 2... yet

martyntje
7 Sep 2012, 7:55 AM
Whoops, my sincerest appologies Andrea! :">
And Mitchell thanx for the quick response. I'll have to think of something else then for now.

mar9000
19 Dec 2012, 1:41 AM
Hi Andrea,

good work, the only issue is I did not find the license used for this work anywhere. So I don't know if I could include it in my work or not. Let me know, thx.
Marco

mariovde
1 Feb 2013, 2:29 AM
Hi there,

any progress on this component?
I'm trying to insert this component into a sencha 2.1.1 project. Adapted a lot of code so far but some things I can't find a 2.1.1 equivalent.

So hopefully this can be ported to 2.1.1 very soon :-)

keep up the good work, man!

Cheers

Mario

AndreaCammarata
1 Feb 2013, 3:22 AM
Hi there,

any progress on this component?
I'm trying to insert this component into a sencha 2.1.1 project. Adapted a lot of code so far but some things I can't find a 2.1.1 equivalent.

So hopefully this can be ported to 2.1.1 very soon :-)

keep up the good work, man!

Cheers

Mario

Hello Mario,
I've completely rewrote this component two weeks ago to adapt it to Sencha Touch 2 class system and the buffered list. Since Touch 2 is completely different from Touch 1, I cannot simply port it, but the component logic needed to be completely changed.
The result is great:

80% of line code lighter.
Great performances on iOS and Android.
Support for List components.
Buffered.
However, I'm not going to release it so soon for free.
I'm working on something bigger wich include also this component.

Thank you for your compliments.

Cheers,
Andrea

hotdp
13 Mar 2013, 11:36 PM
Hello Mario,
I've completely rewrote this component two weeks ago to adapt it to Sencha Touch 2 class system and the buffered list. Since Touch 2 is completely different from Touch 1, I cannot simply port it, but the component logic needed to be completely changed.
The result is great:

80% of line code lighter.
Great performances on iOS and Android.
Support for List components.
Buffered.
However, I'm not going to release it so soon for free.
I'm working on something bigger wich include also this component.

Thank you for your compliments.

Cheers,
Andrea

Hi,
So you will sell the component?

AndreaCammarata
13 Mar 2013, 11:39 PM
It will be released under GPL 3 and commercial license.

hotdp
13 Mar 2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks fot the answer.
Any ETA?

AndreaCammarata
25 Jul 2013, 11:12 PM
I'm glad to announce that the EditableList component has been completely rewritten and now released as part of a special custom components bundle under the GPL 3.0 license.

Get more info about the bundle at:
http://www.tux-components.com/

or take a look at the live examples:

Single Edit Mode
http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#singleedit
(http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#singleedit)
Multi Edit Mode
http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#multiedit

No commercial license is available at this time.
I will keep you posted about it, however, if you need more info, contact me.

hotdp
25 Jul 2013, 11:22 PM
I'm glad to announce that the EditableList component has been completely rewritten and now released as part of a special custom components bundle under the GPL 3.0 license.

Get more info about the bundle at:
http://www.tux-components.com/

or take a look at the live examples:

Single Edit Mode
http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#singleedit
(http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#singleedit)
Multi Edit Mode
http://www.tux-components.com/examples/editable-list/index.html#multiedit

No commercial license is available at this time.
I will keep you posted about it, however, if you need more info, contact me.

It looks good, however it is not possible to use it because of:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.tux-components.com/TUX/tux/images/unchecked.png
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
http://www.tux-components.com/TUX/tux/images/delete.png

AndreaCammarata
25 Jul 2013, 11:27 PM
Thanks for reporting that.
The website is under development so I still need to fix some issues.

I suggest you to download the repo from:
https://github.com/AndreaCammarata/TUX

UPDATE: The problem is fixed now.

shikhir
26 Jul 2013, 7:00 AM
Andrea,

Nice meeting you at SenchaCon!

I found a bug with the editablelist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3_938a4BQ

icslawvn
16 Oct 2013, 6:13 PM
Verry good. I like it