PDA

View Full Version : [INFOREQ] List's emptyText not rendering on initial load

sean
30 Aug 2011, 7:10 PM
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a small rendering problem with the List. On the initial load of the backing store I run a filter. If this results in all the records being filter out I only see the emptyText displayed sporadically. When the empty text isn't displayed, if I focused and scroll the containing panel the emptyText renders. I'm using a styled block level element (div) to center the text. If I set raw text or a non block element like a span then things are rendering as expected. The only caveat here is that if the span is styled it will again only render sometimes. Oh and I do have deferEmptyText set to false.

Anyone else experience this and can clue me in to something I'm doing wrong I would appreciate it. I tried refreshing the list on render but that didn't work either.

tia
Sean

mike.estes
31 Aug 2011, 11:51 AM
hard to tell what is going on here, do you have any code available for me to take a look?

sean
4 Sep 2011, 5:49 PM
Mike,

It's a little funny actually. It does render just fine on the device. The behavior that I explained above happens in chrome and safari on my mbp. The app we are working on is also going to be available to users on their desktop browser (eventually we will use ext for this). I did a little more digging and there actually is an exception being thrown from the DataView class on line 23478.

'Cannot read property 'offset' of undefined'.

So once I focus the empty list panel and scroll once the text will display. When I scroll again the exception is raised.

Thanks
Sean