PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch UI suggestions for 3 scenarios

bardaste
30 Aug 2011, 8:10 PM
Hello.

I am experimenting writing a Sencha Touch simple web app (that extends an existing enterprise CRM system). In the initial release I'd like to have 3 main features:
1) send/recieve Internal messages from user to user (very simple: subject, body, recipients)
2) Today tasks: a list of what to do today with start and end time
3) accessing documents: navigation in a folder structure, simple search form, search results, download selected file

So after a login screen I would like to have a "navigation" control that allows me to switch between (1), (2) and (3), but then it is not clear to me how to get a good UI for the 3 sections.Basically I would like to be redirected to some screenshot or working demo so that I can reconstruct the suggested UI on my own.

So with reference to the 3 points above I ask the following questions. So ideally I would like to have 5 replies, please tell me if this is not possible and I will post 5 separate and more specfic questions. Thanks.

1a) how to distinguish between read and unread messages?
1b) in case the message list is very long how can I show only some at a time?
2) for today tasks: how could I show in a good way a list of tasks showing also start and end time? Is it possible to have icons per list items (for example to show different priorities)?
3a) in the documents search results how can I show the file type (with an icon? another idea?)
3b) if I let the user navigate in a tree structure (basically filesystem server side) how I could arrange the UI? Which control (and which settings) do you suggest?

Mthor
31 Aug 2011, 12:22 PM
you might have already done this, but you could go through the kitchen sink demo and find what you want, it shows almost all things. but great list and carousel. pick it apart make it your own. They use a tree list that navigates between pages

bardaste
31 Aug 2011, 11:13 PM
you could go through the kitchen sink demo and find what you want
Yes I did this already, but that was the reason I asked.

but great list and carousel. pick it apart make it your own. They use a tree list that navigates between pages
Sorry I am not sure i totally understand what you mean here, could you resate this please?