PDA

View Full Version : Cls issue in IE

sankarbaluz
7 Sep 2011, 8:35 PM
Hi,
I am unable to apply the "Cls" which I have done in my appliocation.The "cls" is working fine in FireFox but not running in IE.I dont know whats happening.Plz help me out for this.

{
xtype:'button',
text:'Hz Ctrs',
id:'idhzctrs',
handleMouseEvents:false,
cls:'my-background-hzctrsclass'
}

.my-background-hzctrsclass {
background-color: #FF0000;
background-image: none;
}

skirtle
10 Sep 2011, 6:36 AM
Which IE version is this?

Firstly, make sure you aren't suffering with caching problems, that'll just confuse what is already a troublesome area.

Next I advise that you break out the IE debugger and inspect the elements and CSS that make up the button. That will give you some insight into what's going on.

Rounded corners, such as those found on buttons, can be produced in two ways. You can either use CSS or you can wrap the component in a 3x3 grid and use little graphics in the corners. The CSS approach is much more efficient but unfortunately older browsers, including IE8, do not support it. ExtJS solves this by injecting the necessary wrapper only in browsers that require it. This makes styling components in those browsers much more complicated. The mark-up is different, the CSS is different and you need to generate graphics. Though you can do this all yourself there are tools in the Sencha SDK for doing this automatically.

I believe this is why simply changing the background-color won't work in IE8 and below. It may work for IE9.

If all you want to do is change a button then hacking it in the CSS is probably the way to go. For anything more substantial I'd highly recommend using the tools in the SDK.

Here's some info in the official docs about this area:

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/#!/api/Ext.Element-method-boxWrap

ValterBorges
10 Sep 2011, 6:59 AM
try using:

important!

sankarbaluz
10 Sep 2011, 8:10 PM
Hi Skirtle & Valter Borges,
Thank you both for the response.As per Valter told me to give "!important" with the cls file,its working properly.Sorry to forgot to tell that Im using IE9.Thank You one more time.
bye,
Sankar:-?