PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Touch documentation reference site does not work

Jefftastic
10 Sep 2011, 5:36 PM
I was trying to read about Stores at this page (http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/touch/docs/?class=Ext.data.Store), but clicking on any of the derived classes results in an endless "Loading..." indicator.

Using their Search feature to search for the subcasses (ArrayStore, JasonStore, etc), didn't work either.

Do these classes exist? I'm concerned about putting time into learning the extensive class hierarchy if they can't even get their own documentation site working correctly (in Chrome at least). On the other hand, I find their videos very well done.

jb

dnorman
12 Sep 2011, 3:45 PM
It has recently become apparent to me that the Sencha Touch documentation is pretty terrible overall, but especially with regard to stores / JsonStore. Numerous example usages throughout the body of documentation are totally different from each other, and appear to be outright wrong... presumably vestiges of ExtJS from whence it was ported.

Case in point: The Example on the top of the Ext.data.Store page itself uses parameters that are absent from the "Config Options" section immediately below. I can't make heads or tails of it, and am forced to employ trial and error.

What's going on here guys?