PDA

View Full Version : Controlling Android's Back Button

wesdev
12 Sep 2011, 12:47 PM
Is there an event that exists to override Android's back button? I couldn't find anything in the documentation and the only information I could find on this was for PhoneGap. I currently have a mobile site in development and would like to allow Android users to go to a previous panel when they click their physical back button.

jcoenrae
12 Sep 2011, 10:50 PM
Hello,

We are using PhoneGap in our application to override the back button as you said. That works great but is of course not usable if you want a website.

I don't know of any other way to do it, because it requires native code and is not a simple browser call in PhoneGap. Behind the scenes it is implemented in native code there too.

wesdev
13 Sep 2011, 5:05 AM
Thanks for your reply. In the testing phase, we have had quite a few Android users complain about not being able to use their back button to return to their previous "page". This seems to be what Android users are familiar with, and the back button in the toolbar seems to be most familiar to iPhone users. It would be great to have this ability, although I am not sure if it's possible.