PDA

View Full Version : Android and Icon Masks

sean
13 Sep 2011, 5:23 PM
All,

Been putting together a pretty involved user experience with touch and I'm 95% happy with it. I'm running into a rendering issue with icon masks on the Android platform and I'm not quite sure if it is my codez or and issue with android. No matter where in my application, after an initial render of my panels all icon masks are just boxes. This happens for toolbar icons, bottom tab icons, list disclosures, etc (I use ui: 'plain' if that is any help). Once I interact with the ui (scroll a panel) then everything renders properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so any insight you have would be greatly appreciated. I understand that 1.1.1 is going to adress some android specific problems. Is there a list of issues that we as the community can get to and see what is in scope for the 1.1.1 release?

But like I said other than this issue and one other on Honeycomb that I'm debugging now I'm really happy with touch. Really nice framework.

Thanks,
Sean

rgporter
13 Sep 2011, 6:20 PM
I'd like to know as well, it'd be nice to know what we'd be getting out of 1.1.1 before dropping down three hundred bucks to find out.

The box issue is worth it, but if it's not fixed, it's the only issue I've been having on Android so far.

sean
14 Sep 2011, 4:53 AM
It's good to know that I'm not the only one having the issue with the icon masks. It also appears that there is a scrolling problem with a fieldset's instructions. The honeycomb issue was really weird. The device I was testing with wasn't send an http-accept header in the request and that was messing up my serverside code.

Going to drop the coin today for the support subscription. My beta release is coming up really fast and I can't be focused on fixing these device dependent issues.

Sean

sean
15 Sep 2011, 11:30 AM
I've been able to further isolate the issue with iconmasks on android. it is related to panels that been rendered and later shown (activated in a cardlayout) while there is a loading mask on the body el. I typically render a panel and display it after its store loads. When I do this the icon masks are just boxes.

Sean