PDA

View Full Version : paging

captainm1uk
9 Oct 2007, 6:22 AM
Hi I am using the paging.js file in ext2 and want to know how to connect to a domino view using xml read view

Thanks

RWaters
9 Oct 2007, 6:32 AM
captainm1uk, you keep bringing up trying to integrate ext2 and Domino, have you downloaded and looked at the Ext.nd project? We provide an xml reader that should still be compatible with Ext2.

captainm1uk
9 Oct 2007, 6:50 AM
Hi - no I haven't looked at it - will do. I am currently looking at the examples and putting them into domino and most of them work to a point - I have looked at the demos of nd.

Problems I have are when you have to actually do something with the form or view - I have created a layout using the complet layout and I want to put a notes view in the center panel and open docs from it

captainm1uk
9 Oct 2007, 1:25 PM
OK
I have looked at the nd database and it looks great - a couple of questions

1. Is is possible to open up a doc from a view into a tab in the center
2. When you collapse the side panel, the view/grid stays the same size - where can I set the size to auto for the width
3. On ext2 you can animate the side bar so it scrolls shut - can this be done on this db
4. Can I use ext 2 simple form style
5. How do i add menu buttons at the top (north region)

Cheers

RWaters
10 Oct 2007, 4:35 AM
1. This is the default, documents opened in a grid should open in new tabs. The code will open them in new windows if for some reason it cannot find the Ext.nd layout
2. Not quite sure about this one, I know we were looking into some resizing issues with the picklists. Perhaps someone in the general Ext forums has fussed with this.
3. I haven't tried implementing the Ext2 version yet, I'm confident it can be done.
4. Again, I'm sure it's possible, I would look at just duplicating the html and css that it produces. Ext.form.Form caused problems with Domino, I'm guessing that Ext.FormPanel isn't any different in that aspect.
5. For Views and Forms if you implement Ext.nd you can simply add action buttons in Domino and add a web version with the neccessary javascript.