PDA

View Full Version : nested xml data

Nasadows
16 Sep 2011, 2:39 AM
Hi everybody,

can anybody tell me how I can read such nested xml data with models and so?

Example XML:

<Bean>
<id>236723</id>
<name>thename</name>
<numbers>
<int>1</int>
<int>12</int>
<int>13</int>
<int>15</int>
</numbers>
</Bean>

I just can't manage it. I get the id and the name but not the numbers in the int-tag. Please help me. Thanks.

NickT
16 Sep 2011, 8:47 AM
Is there any possibility of converting the output of your server side to json? In my opinion, you will have a much simpler time on the client side, and with sencha, if you are dealing with json. If not, then perhaps you can utilize a client side converter which will give you json, which is much easier to work with.

Here is an example of a converter, of which there are many. this link give a demonstration that is similar to the structure you have in this case.

http://www.thomasfrank.se/xml_to_json.html

Nasadows
18 Sep 2011, 9:51 PM
Thanks for the help NickT. I will try to convert my xml and tell you then if it worked.

But what makes me really confused is that the new release of Sencha Touch says that it is able to read nested xml like I have but it doesn't work. I'm writing on my bachelor project and have not much time anymore and this costs just too much.

Well, I'll try converting now...

Nasadows
18 Sep 2011, 10:05 PM
If I convert my xml into json I need the whole xml and I'm getting the xml-data through a proxy that uses a webservice. NichT, can you maybe tell me how I can get the whole xml to convert it? Maybe via the record or something? I would be really glad. Thanks for everything.