PDA

View Full Version : drop downs disappearing on tabbed layout dialog in IE

hgcphoenix
3 Jan 2007, 7:00 AM
Hello,

I'm using the layout dialog with 4 tabs in sort of like a wizard interface.
One of the 4 tabs has a drop down select.

In Internet Explorer, the drop down select does not appear alhtough I seem to be able to select a value, I just can't see the actual drop down.

Here's a screenshot :
http://23hq.com/hgcphoenix/photo/1537582/view-large

Any ideas ?

Btw, I'm using yui-ext 0.33.

Thanks !

jack.slocum
3 Jan 2007, 7:14 AM
Try something like this. It's nasty but it might work.

#your-dialog-id select{
visibility:visible !important;
}

hgcphoenix
3 Jan 2007, 6:10 PM
Thanks for replying. I tried it but it didn't work.
I did a couple of experiments.

One thing I did was to set the active tab to the (1) or the 2nd tab. It seems initially, the drop downs are visible but when I switch to the 1st tab and then go back to the second, that's when the drop downs disapper.

I'm checking yui-ext-debug.js for clues. It must be something that occurs when you switch tabs that causes the selects to disappear.

kiwi
4 Jan 2007, 3:02 AM
hi, hgcphoenix
ive got a same problem with this. now i consider to solve by when the dialog is called, the <div> that makes to be a FRAME. frame could be exceeding Z-index or IE bugs... i guess.
ill try anyway.

hgcphoenix
4 Jan 2007, 3:17 AM
I haven't been able to determine the cause but I've been able to make the selects reappear by doing something like

get('myselect').show();

The buttons on my wizard interface control which tabs are active. I put the code there to first hide the select element and then show it. Seems to work ok now though I think we should try to determine the cause of the problem on IE.