PDA

View Full Version : Grid mouse wheel scrolling

saasguy
25 Sep 2011, 9:03 AM
We recently launched our new app to a few beta users. Every user has commented on how slow the grid scrolls when using the mouse wheel. It's so sluggish that users are required to use the scroll bars to move up and down the grid. Is there any way to improve this?

mitchellsimoens
26 Sep 2011, 4:52 AM
What framework so I can move to the proper forum?

saasguy
26 Sep 2011, 4:59 AM
We are on ExtJS 4.

skirtle
26 Sep 2011, 5:31 AM
Which ExtJS version exactly? I believe changes were made to scroll speed in 4.0.2. It could be browser, OS or mouse specific so any details you can provide may help. I can't say I've noticed this myself. Do you know whether those users are all using exactly the same model of mouse, or some other similar factor?

I don't know of any setting to change this but it should be possible to adjust it by overriding a few things. That said, I believe 4.1 (due sometime soon) is going to revamp scrolling so it may be worth waiting for that if you can hold out that long.

mitchellsimoens
26 Sep 2011, 5:38 AM
I don't know of any setting to change this but it should be possible to adjust it by overriding a few things. That said, I believe 4.1 (due sometime soon) is going to revamp scrolling so it may be worth waiting for that if you can hold out that long.

Indeed and it should be just around the corner!

Using 4.0.6 things feel great!