PDA

View Full Version : ie6 borderlayout bug?

seldon
3 Jan 2007, 12:46 PM
Hi,
I'm building a small webapp, using yui-ext and i'm encountering 2 small problems. I have a borderlayout with a west and center region. When the center region is smaller than its content , scrollbars appear. This is fine and exactly what i expect. However, in ie6 weird behaviour occurs: when i scroll, the content remains fixed!

Also in firefox in this situation the padding of the direct child of the contentpanel body element somehow doest enclose its content (see red border).

The code can be viewed at:

http://www.trendon.nl:9999/roosterhulp2/index.php

Click on the left top item in the west sidebar. Then a calendar is loaded in the center panel (this takes quite a while, im resizing it to fit the size of the contentpanel, but i havent managed to do that nicely and fast. If anyone has any advise on this, i would be very grateful aswell!).

Thanks already,

Seldon

seldon
3 Jan 2007, 4:41 PM
It appears that if you have a position:relative on an element then its contents wont scroll and remain fixed in ie6. This looks like an ie6 bug?

The firefox problem is still open. Anyone?

Thanks,

Seldon

Animal
4 Jan 2007, 4:57 AM
Hi,
I'm building a small webapp, using yui-ext and i'm encountering 2 small problems. I have a borderlayout with a west and center region. When the center region is smaller than its content , scrollbars appear. This is fine and exactly what i expect. However, in ie6 weird behaviour occurs: when i scroll, the content remains fixed!

Also in firefox in this situation the padding of the direct child of the contentpanel body element somehow doest enclose its content (see red border).

The code can be viewed at:

http://www.trendon.nl:9999/roosterhulp2/index.php

Click on the left top item in the west sidebar. Then a calendar is loaded in the center panel (this takes quite a while, im resizing it to fit the size of the contentpanel, but i havent managed to do that nicely and fast. If anyone has any advise on this, i would be very grateful aswell!).

Thanks already,

Seldon

I don't see a problem in Firefox 2.0. How would I manifest it?

As for the resizing taking a while... Why not just remove it and rely on:

.yt-cell {
width:14%;
}

seldon
4 Jan 2007, 5:27 AM
I fixed the resizing problem by updating the cell class with the calculated widths. The rendering is then done by the browser and hence fast. The reason for not setting width 14% was that i thought i would encounter problems with paddings and borders not being taken into account in the 14%.

The firefox problem still stands. If you view the app at 1024*768 and then move the splitbar entirely to the right (as far as possible), you will see that in firefox the right padding of the calendar in the center region is lost. In ie the padding is correctly maintained.

Animal
4 Jan 2007, 5:42 AM
Good solution to the width calcs. I think class updating is something that people don't think about when changing style of multiple elements. Jack and I both came up with this idea independently when creating grid implementations.

I can't repro your problem. When I move the splitbar to the right, it recalcs the size, and I get a decent margin round teh calendar... (It's still a bit too high and creates a vertical scrollbar though! :shock: )