PDA

View Full Version : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'isOnLeftEdge' of undefined

bee
29 Sep 2011, 6:20 AM
Hi Guys,
I have my application on portlet based, When I hover mouse on it, I get the below error.
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'isOnLeftEdge' of undefined
I am not calling any onMouse Hover method but I get below error :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'isOnLeftEdge' of undefined

Ext.define.onHeaderCtMouseMove
(anonymous function)
wrap

?Please let me know the reason behind this ?

bee
24 Oct 2011, 1:18 AM
Nobody has answered on this ? or nobody faced this error ever ?

skirtle
24 Oct 2011, 9:22 AM
When requesting help for an error message, please report the full stacktrace with line numbers, ExtJS version, which browsers exhibit the error and which browsers don't.

dougboyd
15 Nov 2011, 6:35 PM
Hi

I'm experiencing the same issue with 4.0.7. The specific error is triggering on line 121214 of ext-all-debug-w-comments.js; it appears that the overHeader object isn't defined. Sporadic bug - what's interesting to me is that this is being tripped by a modal window authored in ExtDesigner; virtually none of the code is hand touched. Let me know if you'd like and I'll upload a tarball of the ExtDesigner app. Anyone looking at this?

Doug

skirtle
16 Nov 2011, 12:19 AM
It's unlikely anyone from Sencha will be looking into this unless someone has reported it to the bugs forum.

dougboyd
16 Nov 2011, 12:25 AM
Hey Skirtle

Thanks for the reply - I've not got enough information to call it a bug; shortly after posting, it resolved with no input from myself. I'm putting it down to a bad cache. If it appears again and I can capture it and reproduce it, I'll post into the bug forum.

Ta

Doug

bee
18 Nov 2011, 2:34 AM
Hi Guys,

After all, I tried to get this error on my portlet

ext-all-debug.js:83580 (http://localhost:8080/i/lib/ext-4.0.7-gpl/ext-all-debug.js)Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'isOnLeftEdge'

Ext.define.onHeaderCtMouseMoveext-all-debug.js:83580 (http://localhost:8080/i/lib/ext-4.0.7-gpl/ext-all-debug.js)
(anonymous function)
wrapext-all-debug.js:11088 (http://localhost:8080/i/lib/ext-4.0.7-gpl/ext-all-debug.js)

When I expand debug.js file It was showing error on this :

if (headerEl){
overHeader = Ext.getCmp(headerEl.id);

if (overHeader.isOnLeftEdge(e)) {http://www.sencha.com/forum/chrome-devtools://devtools/Images/errorIcon.pngext-all-debug.js:83580 Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'isOnLeftEdge' (repeated 2 times)

resizeHeader = overHeader.previousNode('gridcolumn:not([hidden])');

}

else if (overHeader.isOnRightEdge(e)) {
resizeHeader = overHeader;
}

else {
resizeHeader = null;
}

Please let me know why this error appears ? I am guessing it for onMouse hover on header but no exact idea.

dougboyd
18 Nov 2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Bee

A few questions: what the version of ExtJs you're using? What browser are you testing against? Is the GUI coded by hand or have you generated the frame using ExtDesigner? Can you describe what conditions this happens on? In my instance, the error was noticed in Chrome, ExtJs 4.0.7, generated from ExtDesigner. The error was not noticed on the page load, only after another block of code was utilised to display a modal and then closed. I believe the problem was two components having having the same id attribute; with the next export from ExtDesigner, the problem disappeared.

Personally, I'm not fond of issues which simply "disappear" - however, I cannot replicate or recreate the issue currently, so I'm unable to determine specifically what happened.

Doug

bee
21 Nov 2011, 2:31 AM
Hi Bee

A few questions: what the version of ExtJs you're using? What browser are you testing against? Is the GUI coded by hand or have you generated the frame using ExtDesigner? Can you describe what conditions this happens on? In my instance, the error was noticed in Chrome, ExtJs 4.0.7, generated from ExtDesigner. The error was not noticed on the page load, only after another block of code was utilised to display a modal and then closed. I believe the problem was two components having having the same id attribute; with the next export from ExtDesigner, the problem disappeared.

Personally, I'm not fond of issues which simply "disappear" - however, I cannot replicate or recreate the issue currently, so I'm unable to determine specifically what happened.

Doug

Hi Dough,

I am also using Extjs 4.0.7. and I have coded GUI stuff and it is tested against chrome browser.
Basically my error scenario is like this :
1. I have a gridpanel with toolbar button add.
2. when I click on add button my formpanel opens,
3. if I click save button without adding any data. obviously it throws me error and i closes the formpanel from close button.
4. When I hover mouse on my grid panel header, this error appears.
I have logged as bug in 4.x . You can view if you want.

tvanzoelen
21 Nov 2011, 2:45 AM
I think I had this problem once, don't know how I solved it but it has to do with some runtime error (I created myself) that stops further code execution and from that point your grid is broken.

As you write

3. if I click save button without adding any data. obviously it throws me error and i closes the formpanel from close button.

Solve that problem and see if the hover problem occurs again. You must be sure that your code runs correctly and throws no errors that stops further code execution.

bee
21 Nov 2011, 3:10 AM
Hi Guys, I am not sure is id makes any issue for this ? I removed id config from columns definition of grid panel and this error disappears. But I am not very much sure is this only reason behind this ? or something else.

Buzzwords
15 Jan 2012, 10:37 AM
I ran into this same error today: "overHeader is undefined"

Version: ext-4.0.7-gpl

The error appears when I mouseover a grid column header after doing a grid.reconfigure().

Not sure of the cause yet but I would suggest that the Extjs code include a test for 'overHeader'. This starts at line number 83576 in ext-all-debug.js in ext-4.0.7-gpl .

if (headerEl){
overHeader = Ext.getCmp(headerEl.id);

if (overHeader) { // Add this to test for object existence / not null

if (overHeader.isOnLeftEdge(e)) {
resizeHeader = overHeader.previousNode('gridcolumn:not([hidden])');
}

EESW
18 Apr 2012, 6:35 AM
Any update or work around on this issue?

mamidi.dinesh@yahoo.com
31 Jul 2013, 6:57 PM
Hi There, I am a new bee to Ext JS. I am facing the same problem, I got the same error, when I reconfigure with new store and colums i am getting this error , can some one please tell me why is it happening?

mamidi.dinesh@yahoo.com
5 Aug 2013, 6:17 AM
Hi Guys,

This problem happens when the grid declaration is in one file and we are using columns for reconfiguration. if we see we are sending an array of columns, but reconfiguration needs an array of objects , i.e the configuration at the declaration time. Use another variable to send the raw config to the new file or make sure ur declaration of grid is on the same page as the reconfig method.

Please correct me if am wrong.

Glad if this helps anyone.