PDA

View Full Version : [2.0a1][SOLVED] buggy EditorGrid

Joy
11 Oct 2007, 2:29 AM
full description here : http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71306
a lot of posts without any answers
I decided to post this message here because nobody answer

I had stable working EditorGrid with lock-possible columns in ext1.1 version, but what I noticed when migrated to ext2 version:
- locking now is disabled and no way to emulate locking (I guess it was really usefull feature)
- when grid have many columns, so it exceeds grid width, I can't edit cells in this columns (see posts above), this "bug" exists in 2alpha and 2beta1 versions and we still have no explanation from support, even if you check out EditorGrid in official "examples" and increase any column's width you see this bug in action.
- I think EditorGrid is the most popular UI component for any web application, so please name any reason to migrate to 2.0version with so buggy behavior

brian.moeskau
11 Oct 2007, 3:00 AM
Column locking is no longer supported as discussed in several posts and the 2.0 change log.

Regarding your expectation that alpha software have no bugs, you should probably try to be a little more realistic about that. You've mentioned only one bug, and it will surely be resolved well before the final release. Why would that stop anyone from upgrading to the 2.0 final release? Alpha versions are for testing and ironing out bugs.

Joy
11 Oct 2007, 3:36 AM
ok, thanx, Brian. I hope this bug will surely be resolved :)
I just thought that this bug causes big problems with EditorGrid, for example I can't start my project until it's not resolved.

Joy
18 Oct 2007, 10:29 PM
Hello, I'm just interested about the status of this problem. Will this bug be surely fixed in final ext2.0 version? I guess this is really big problem with EditorGrid, when you can't build grids with many columns, and I have no idea why you pay no attention for this topic (:|
Thanx

brian.moeskau
18 Dec 2007, 12:58 AM
I think you are subscribed to another thread that received this notification, but just to close this thread: Fixed in SVN per this thread (http://extjs.com/forum/showthread.php?p=100109#post100109).