PDA

View Full Version : Extjs 4.x and WCAG 2 AA, Section 508, and ARIA

Entropy
4 Oct 2011, 10:36 AM
Hello,

I've seen some of the aria attributes in the extjs 4.x controls when they render by inspecting them in firebug. Is ExtJS fully ARIA implemented? Does it satisfy WCAG 2.0 AA level conformance? That is the level set by our management for 508 compliance. Specifically I worry about part 4.1.2 and 1.3.1 of WCAG.

1.3.1 Info and Relationships: Information, structure, and relationships conveyed through presentation can be programmatically determined or are available in text. (Level A)

4.1.2 Name, Role, Value: For all user interface components (including but not limited to: form elements, links and components generated by scripts), the name and role can be programmatically determined; states, properties, and values that can be set by the user can be programmatically set; and notification of changes to these items is available to user agents, including assistive technologies. (Level A)

I need to be able to definitely say that ExtJS 4 complies with WCAG 2.0 AA level conformance. I see alot of stuff saying 4.x has "improvements", but few specifics.

vmalic
11 Jun 2013, 1:06 AM
Hi!
Do you have any update on this one? Thanks!

dawesi
17 Sep 2013, 8:51 PM
bump