PDA

View Full Version : iOS5 Problem: Keyboard hide panel disappears

squarefan
5 Oct 2011, 6:19 AM
Hi,

I'm in the process testing my app against the iOS5 GM and found a rather strange problem (using Phonegap btw). It seems that in iOS5 it is not necessary to hide the keyboard manually as before; e.g.

if (e.browserEvent.keyCode == 13) {
// hide keyboard on iPhone
e.stopEvent();
fld.fieldEl.dom.blur();
}

but it hides by itself when the GO button is pressed.

When pressing the GO button on the keyboard the panel (tab panel) seems to fall out of focus / the background jumps in the foreground and I have a white screen. When I tap the white screen it comes back into the foreground. This is only happening on iOS5 GM.. previous versions worked fine.

Is this addressed in Sencha Touch 1.1.1? If yes, when will it show up again for non support subscribers??

thanks in advance!

cheers,
squarefan

squarefan
5 Oct 2011, 9:52 AM
So after playing around with it a little more I narrowed the problem down to modal: true - if a messagebox or loading animation that is modal is used it happens that the panel is pushed into the background.

Did anybody experience something similar in other apps/past... again this is new in iOS5 and the new webview.

cheers,
squarefan

squarefan
5 Oct 2011, 10:02 PM
No clue anyone?

squarefan
7 Oct 2011, 7:08 AM
Does really nobody else experience this problem?

I could narrow it down to the keyboard dismissal and modal overlay (x-mask absolute position). When the keyboard dismisses it seems to force the html body into the foreground over the actual panel.

Is there any possibility to force the html body to stay in the background? I tried z-index and fixed positioning but nothing solves the problem.

If anyone could give some input that would be fantastic since that is the last showstopping bug currently for me.

cheers,
squarefan

squarefan
11 Oct 2011, 6:54 AM
Hmm.. not even a dev has a clue? I know you are all busy working on Touch 2.0... but maybe any hints?