PDA

View Full Version : TabBar Button Style - Newbie

TXAggie00
5 Oct 2011, 2:24 PM
I have only been working with Sencha Touch for a week or so and have set up the application structure according to the MVC architecture. My viewport is a tabpanel and I have set up each of my corresponding panels by xtype registration. A few of my xtype panels extend tabpanel (again, set up using the xtype registration) with the tabbar on top under the title toolbar. They are styled as tab toggle buttons with text which is fine, but I need to adjust the font size and line height via css to make the text fit horizontally. I am having trouble figuring out the best place to add a custom class for the div class, "x-button-label" or even the parent div class, "x-panel x-tabbar" such that it would look like "x-button-label custom" or "x-panel x-tabbar custom". So far I have been very impressed with Sencha Touch and am looking forward to getting into the guts of my application utilizing data stores, REST calls, etc. From a beginners perspective, I must say that the biggest challenge so far is navigating and understanding the Sencha Touch API document structure. There should be a tutorial on how to get started with that.

Thanks in advance for the help!
-Scott

EDIT: I have also notice that setting the badgetext to any of my inner tabpanel views shows up on the top right of the tabbar regardless. Any advice as to where I went wrong with this?